FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Breezeway - Costa Mesa, CA (Breezeway/ PinUp Calendar Pre-Sale now!)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
The Breezeway - Costa Mesa, CA (Breezeway/ PinUp Calendar Pre-Sale now!)
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-29 9:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-07-29 20:30, Brudda Bear wrote:

Did BTD bite the dog back?

I wanted to eat the little thing,
but I ended up having a handful of little eggrolls.

Its funny, I'm not a dog person,
but dogs usually like me.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 11:05 am   Permalink

Back to the build!

Here's Ben, trimming out the 'pass through' window to the kitchen. The freshly torched tiki now sits on the waterfall/ volcano feature.

Mounting my carved panels on the entrance to the garage...

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-30 11:24 am   Permalink

Pass through window from the kitchen - good idea!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 12:46 pm   Permalink

Beginning of the ceiling treatment

The bamboo was lashed together using coconut rope, shortly after this photo was taken.

We also placed bamboo poles across the criss cross thing in the window out to the street for a little added security. Unfortunately, it turns out that our dog, Astro, can climb the waterfall thing like a mountain goat and jump right out the window now. Gonna have to address that somehow...

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2012-07-30 12:49 ]

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 3:08 pm   Permalink

Dinah, torching and scrubbing the bar top...

The frame of the bar constructed...

Ben nailing the bamboo on...

Bamboo martian... or something...

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 6:32 pm   Permalink

Great Pics Spike!!!

I don't remember them being taken.

It was all a blur....

The Martian Pic is crackin' me up.

I have a couple to post soon.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 6:44 pm   Permalink

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-30 7:19 pm   Permalink

Getting ready for some shopin'!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-31 04:47 am   Permalink

Great place to shop.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-31 09:33 am   Permalink

Painting the decorative 'mid-century' diamonds

Hanging the diamonds... Astro looks like he's either searching for something to eat or to run off with.

And now some Bosko! We had one of his spear guys already. Once we realized our plan with the diamonds, we had Bosko rush another opposite facing spear guy out to us, THAT week.

I think the end result is AMAZING. Dinah and I were really happy with the overall look. Ben did a GREAT job in trimming out the diamonds as well. The spacing between them... Everything..... just worked out perfectly.

Next will be installing the bar!

[ This Message was edited by: Luckydesigns 2012-07-31 09:34 ]

Walt_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-31 10:00 am   Permalink

Cant wait to see the final photos after you get it all decorated congrats guys Ben does it again.

View Profile of Walt_Tiki Send a personal message to Walt_Tiki  Email Walt_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-31 1:39 pm   Permalink

The bar ties in great with the big diamonds without matching too closely. Totally Ben's design and it came out killer!

Here's Ben, attaching an OA mask to the front of the bar. It's a new mask from OA that was modeled off of one that was fairly recently dug up on the Island of Kauaii.

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-01 1:50 pm   Permalink

Late night painting party

We wanted to litterally create a divide between The Breezeway and the rest of the backyard. Thus, the reason for painting The Breezeway floor. We just followed the 1961 patio cement lines to determine our border.

The completed bar and skylight.

This is to the left of the bar. There has been all kinds of controvery within the building team about having a WHITE midcentury modern tulip table in the middle of the room. We dig it though. It does exactly what we want it to do; lend a bit of atomic age aesthetic to a very organic space. Once we really fill the space with more lamps and an ashtray or something, I think it'll blend nicely.

We're working on more lamps for The Breezeway, this weekend. There are also some finishing touches to get the waterfall thing to work perfectly before I post any more pics of it as well. Looking forward to adding more and more and more....

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-02 10:37 am   Permalink

Looking good, matt!

That table fits perfectly!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-02 10:55 am   Permalink

Thanks, Mick!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation