FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Help Identify, What Is This, Is This A? Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 )
Help Identify, What Is This, Is This A? Thread
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 8:37 pm   Permalink

I also have a couple of dem Marq’s (small kine) in my collection.
I like em cuz they sit quietly watching while I fix up some drinks and they never complain.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 10:08 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 12:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-08-22 04:55, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
come on Buzzy, if your going to break my balls, get it right, I know, that you know your stuff

So you qualify this as you being "right":

Thread Question summarized: I found a tiki, and after some research, I found it was MARQUESAN. Is there anything special about THIS Marquesan tiki?

ATP's answer: Yes! That is a Marquesan tiki!

At least you do know one thing about African Art!
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 2:32 pm   Permalink

I am actually pretty good at identifying things that are not Tiki
just as you misidentified my facetiousness, now go get your shine box!

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2015-08-23 14:37 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 2:43 pm   Permalink

Info from HotTiki:

I found a photo that shows them being sold prior to 1953 in a shop in Wakiki...
they made a lot of them..
if you have the book on Lee tag the velvet painter on page 61 you will see the little marq on the table

Good eye HotTiki

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Always Down

Posted: 3 days ago; 05:56 am   Permalink

Thank you very much for the info. The pic of the tikis on the table is so helpful! Turns out it's not a sacred priceless artifact from an ancient lost tribe after all. Oh well... maybe next time.

But it's old enough to be my mother so I guess that's pretty cool.

View Profile of Always Down Send a personal message to Always Down      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Always Down

Posted: 3 days ago; 06:24 am   Permalink

Oh and also, Buzzy... I like the way you summarized my post. I honestly have no idea why I can't do that for myself. I do not possess even one ounce of conciseness. And you should have seen it BEFORE I pared it down!

And Hang10tiki - I didn't know who Lee Tag the velvet painter was, and neither did Google. I finally figured out that you probably typed Leeteg and it got vetoed by your spell check. Now by virtue of my search, I've resolved to get some black velvet in my life straightaway.

View Profile of Always Down Send a personal message to Always Down      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation