FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Help Identify, What Is This, Is This A? Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Help Identify, What Is This, Is This A? Thread
Coffee Pirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-16 12:53 pm   Permalink

Here's a fiberglass Tiki, about 3 feet, that I found in a junk store in Salem, OR. The guy who owned it, bought it from a guy, who bought it from a guy, who bought it from a woman, who had it in her garden. This pic is upright on my computer, but when I post him here, he follows the Beach Bum credo and lays down. Anybody got any ideas? I'm 100% that this isn't a native Tiki, due to the size I doubt it was created for home decoration (could be wrong about that). I know this wasn't part of The Thatch, Aliba, or Jasmine Tree. Well, as much as my rum fogged memory remembers anyway. I never had the chance to visit any of the other older Tiki spots in the Salem/PDX area so I personally, don't know if he graced any of those spots or not. Right now we are calling him Kumonawahnazombee.

View Profile of Coffee Pirate Send a personal message to Coffee Pirate  Email Coffee Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-16 2:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-16 12:53, Coffee Pirate wrote:

These were from Target about five years ago.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coffee Pirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-16 10:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks, for the info. Maybe I should shop Target more often. Do they regularly stock Tiki stuff?

View Profile of Coffee Pirate Send a personal message to Coffee Pirate  Email Coffee Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-16 10:54 pm   Permalink

It was in the garden section of Target.

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-17 02:00 am   Permalink

There were two models: the one you found and one that was all black and had a different face. Be careful, they're resin, not fiberglass, and they're thin enough to break if not handled with that in mind.

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-17 3:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-16 22:06, Coffee Pirate wrote:
Thanks, for the info. Maybe I should shop Target more often. Do they regularly stock Tiki stuff?

They do NOT regularly stock tiki stuff. They typically only sell tiki merch during tiki season. They, the major retailer, thinks that tiki hibernates like Santa, Cupid and the Easter Bunny.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coffee Pirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-18 02:37 am   Permalink

Thanks for the tips. I'll probably just stick to repainting him and weatherproofing. He's not too fragile though. We took him on a PDX pub crawl. So, Target sells Tiki stuff every summer ? (I guess that is suppose to be Tiki season.)

Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-20 06:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-18 11:39, Aquatic Safarinaut wrote:
Not mine...but trying to I.D. for a friend...
Was in the Sacramento Coral Reef....

Any ideas who the carver might have been?

Cheers,
John

Posted this over in the velvet thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=3129&forum=5&vpost=668059&hilite=coral reef

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-23 12:13 pm   Permalink

African?
about 18" tall and pretty light.

Mahalo for any help
D

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 12:52 am   Permalink

Coffee Pirate, here's the other Target tiki, shot about an hour ago. It's all black and actually looks better with wet snow outlining some features. Both Target tikis were the same dimensions.

Quote:

On 2013-02-16 12:53, Coffee Pirate wrote:

Here's a fiberglass Tiki, about 3 feet, that I found in a junk store in Salem, OR. The guy who owned it, bought it from a guy, who bought it from a guy, who bought it from a woman, who had it in her garden. This pic is upright on my computer, but when I post him here, he follows the Beach Bum credo and lays down. Anybody got any ideas? I'm 100% that this isn't a native Tiki, due to the size I doubt it was created for home decoration (could be wrong about that). I know this wasn't part of The Thatch, Aliba, or Jasmine Tree. Well, as much as my rum fogged memory remembers anyway. I never had the chance to visit any of the other older Tiki spots in the Salem/PDX area so I personally, don't know if he graced any of those spots or not. Right now we are calling him Kumonawahnazombee.

[ This Message was edited by: tikijackalope 2013-02-26 05:56 ]

View Profile of tikijackalope Send a personal message to tikijackalope  Email tikijackalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tattoo
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-26 9:48 pm   Permalink

Okay...need a little help identifying this mug:

The only marking on it is the "A" on the bottom.

It is a rather goofy Tiki mug with its Native American looking skirt and sort of Lego Man hands. Can't find it on Ooga Mooga and no idea where it might have come from. Maybe someone has seen that same marking on another mug. Looks new-ish but on the other hand it does have a lot of crazing. I really can't determine it's age but I don't think it's terribly old. It traveled from Florida if that rings a bell for anyone.

Some help would be much appreciated!

The plane! The plane!

View Profile of Tattoo Send a personal message to Tattoo  Email Tattoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coffee Pirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-26 10:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-26 00:52, tikijackalope wrote:
Coffee Pirate, here's the other Target tiki, shot about an hour ago. It's all black and actually looks better with wet snow outlining some features. Both Target tikis were the same dimensions.

Hmm....I think I know how I am going to repaint a few Tikis. Especially the re-gifted party city tikis.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 11:27 pm   Permalink

Tattoo, That is a rare mug from the annual Tiki bash
at "Caligula's Retreat" a "Gentleman's bathhouse in L.A.
dated around the late 1960s......or so I am told, Oh Myyyyyyy!

The rest of you stop playing around with that cheap ass "Target" Tiki crap!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-27 03:32 am   Permalink

Caligula's Retreat?!?!

Wunderbar!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-27 06:46 am   Permalink

Aloha Tattoo,
That mug was made by island heritage.. it comes in green also..

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation