FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Help Identify, What Is This, Is This A? Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Help Identify, What Is This, Is This A? Thread
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-16 04:06 am   Permalink

Thefuzz. The reflection of your foot looks like a dong. If it's a fertility god, it really should have a dong.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-16 12:27 pm   Permalink

That was a foot? OK I blame the picture taker for that one.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 08:16 am   Permalink

just got these, any idea?? i figure they are from the 1950s

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 09:01 am   Permalink

this too

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 10:43 am   Permalink

Aloha,

NOT Tiki, Pele...

The first ones look Mayan... The second plaques are Philipines prayer plaques...

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 10:48 am   Permalink

Sorry, but not Tiki.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 1:46 pm   Permalink

good to know, thanks, I still like em, and they were cheap lol

tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-20 10:38 pm   Permalink

OK, I picked this tiki head up last weekend it's a little over a foot high and is fairly light weight.

I'm wondering if it was imported by OA from the Philippines because the carving marks on the top
and back of head remind me of some of the tiki's imported by them.

If you can tell me anything about this Ku I'd appreciate it.

aloha, tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 10:53 pm   Permalink

Oh, I sold one of those several years ago and it had a Philipines sticker on the bottom...

Nice.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-01 5:19 pm   Permalink

Now here's a strange one. Picked this mug up today. Not sure if it is a "pure" Tiki mug. No makers mark but really well made and heavy. The only mark on it is the Sizzler Steak House logo. It looks and feels vintage but I'm stumped. Anyone have any info?

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-01 9:07 pm   Permalink

it's the modern big eyed buddha moai mug, they are a very common mug here in thailand.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 7:19 pm   Permalink

This one has me stumped. It's made of fiberglass and stands about 3 feet tall. It kind of reminds me of something you'd see in an amusement park or something. I didn't see anything like it in the Orchids of Hawaii catalogs here, so . . .

Has anyone seen one of these before??

THANKS!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 7:42 pm   Permalink

It's clearly modeled after the Peanut mug of the same design.

SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 7:50 pm   Permalink

Yeah, that's what made me think Orchids of Hawaii decor item, but so far no go.

I should add that it is completely round and meant to stand, not a large wall hanging. And it looks to have always been indoors (no wear or fading).

And, it has a solid top that looks like the end of a log. So it's supposed to look like a carving, not like a large mug.

Classic Silver Line Boats

[ This Message was edited by: SilverLine 2013-06-02 19:51 ]

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 8:25 pm   Permalink

Silverline- They sold some just like it about 5 years ago at Targets.

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation