Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Lucky 13 Tiki News
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Lucky 13 Tiki News
barbaraanne

Posted: 2012-06-26 7:11 pm   Permalink

To all of our Lucky 13 friends and family There has been some confusion regarding the Tiki Highway event taking place this August at Don the Beachcombers. Lucky 13 will not be running this event and is no way affiliated with the people who are running it this year.
We value and appreciate your continued support of Lucky 13 and stay tuned for exciting Lucky 13 events to come in the near future!

View Profile of barbaraanne Send a personal message to barbaraanne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-26 7:34 pm   Permalink

So my question as an Event planner myself is...........

Did you not want to be involved this year or did someone take the name and concept?

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 3:55 pm   Permalink

And just for the record, Tiki Farm also will not be part of this event and has no role in this year's Tiki Highway event whatsoever.

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 4:03 pm   Permalink

Well, The Hula Girls ARE involved and will be co-headlining with the great rockabilly band The Chop Tops.
Gonna be a great event! Don't miss it!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 4:18 pm   Permalink

I would love some full discloser on this Event. Something just don't add up. As I loved the first Lucky 13 Tiki Highway,It seems a second Tiki Highway without the Lucky 13 endorsement seems very strange and shall I say underhanded. Maybe I am Dead Wrong but if it's new people running the show and it isn't in Lucky 13 hands anymore,wouldn't it make more sense to call it something else?

If someone wanted to have a Tiki Caliente without my involvement or me passing the torch, I would expect some loyalty from my friends.

W

until I hear more details I don't see my involvement as a fan either.

But PLEASE bring us to light whats going on here.

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2012-06-28 16:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: wildsville man 2012-06-29 11:33 ]

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 4:41 pm   Permalink

I talked to the folks running this & they are not with Lucky 13
I got the sense that Lucky 13 did not want to do this particular event again
and you will have to talk to Lucky 13 as why.

You can bet the new folks are doing it with Lucky 13's blessing, I was told.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 4:46 pm   Permalink

you may want to read the first section of the individual forum,that is what made me believe there was a rift of some kind.

It doesn't sound like an endorsement to me.

W

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 5:08 pm   Permalink

They are just saying they are not running it this year nor affiliated with the folks who are.
as to any behind the scenes drama,If any? I am not aware of it.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 6:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-06-28 17:08, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
They are just saying they are not running it this year nor affiliated with the folks who are.
as to any behind the scenes drama,If any? I am not aware of it.

I wish you were my parent back in High School, I would have got a way with murder.

after reading the quotes from Tiki Farm (Main Sponsor) from last year and Lucky 13 (Event Organizer) from last year above,I would believe you are out of the loop.

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2012-06-28 18:28 ]

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 6:35 pm   Permalink

What's with all of the trying to stir sh#t up?? Do we need the drama here?
The even benefits The National Veterans Foundation. You want to damage potential money going to that? And an otherwise potentially great event that will benefit DTB as well?

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 6:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-06-28 18:35, Luckydesigns wrote:
What's with all of the trying to stir sh#t up?? Do we need the drama here?
The even benefits The National Veterans Foundation. You want to damage potential money going to that? And an otherwise potentially great event that will benefit DTB as well?

As I don't want to hurt Don's or Veterans I do believe that if the name and concept were taken without approval from the people that established it that it should not be backed by anyone in our community.

Is this true? Thats all I keep asking and no one will answer.

Maybe I am wrong and if so, I am sorry for stirring the pot and will publicly apologies.

W

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2012-06-28 18:58 ]

chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 6:53 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: chrisandsarahb 2012-06-28 19:18 ]

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-06-28 7:09 pm   Permalink

This was starting to smack of drama before Rory said anything, and Rory (and anyone else, for that matter) is well within his rights to question what is going on. The fact that no explanations are forthcoming is making the drama all that much worse.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-28 7:43 pm   Permalink

I am not involved with this event, But was asked by the new promoters for my opinions
(Like anyone needs to ask for em?)

I was told by them that Lucky 13 did not want to do it this year, as for "out of the loop", yes I am.
But I usually go on facts before I run around all willy nilly
(Like I need a reason to run around all willy nilly!)

So what are the facts? Maybe we need to cool our jets and find out first?
Don's is sponsoring this also.

And the New Promoters seemed like a nice bunch,So........

Time to dance all Willy Nilly!

JasonLeeSurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-29 11:22 am   Permalink

I thought Lucky 13 wasn't doing it this year Because it wasnt their big Anniversary?

View Profile of JasonLeeSurf Send a personal message to JasonLeeSurf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation