FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food anybody tried Sergeant Classick Hawaiian rum?
anybody tried Sergeant Classick Hawaiian rum?
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-27 1:04 pm   Permalink

made with Hawaiian molasses

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-29 11:32 am   Permalink

Funny. Its distilled right down the road from me but I have never seen it. Curious that they don't age it at all.

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-06-29 11:47 am   Permalink

their website says "Prolonged exposure to oak provides it with a medium bodied character reminiscent of rums that have been aged for 3-5 years." i wonder how "prolonged" the exposure really is.

i saw it in a local store here, but i can't recall the price- will remember to find that out next time.

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poutineki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-06-29 1:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-06-29 11:47, thePorpoise wrote:
their website says "Prolonged exposure to oak provides it with a medium bodied character reminiscent of rums that have been aged for 3-5 years." i wonder how "prolonged" the exposure really is.

i saw it in a local store here, but i can't recall the price- will remember to find that out next time.

Haven't seen it or tried it but maybe chunks of toasted oak are tossed in the tank after distilling. Might be able to simulate some barrel aging in a shorter timeframe that way.

View Profile of poutineki Send a personal message to poutineki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-01 10:21 pm   Permalink

25 bucks.

dont think i'm willing to pay that for an un-aged rum...

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation