[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Coming this fall:
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Coming this fall:
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-05 5:42 pm   Permalink

Got mine today!
Can't wait to sit down and read through it.
Looks great!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-09 12:49 pm   Permalink

Got mine today !! gonna read it this week - it looks awesome !! another classic hit with nice eye candy, sven. Supper clubs are one of the least written about subjects and this book will hopefully usher in a new appreciation and resurgence of old school dining. Great job... and i also notice some of my favs in illinois were listed in the back of the book... if there is ever another updated version of this book, let me know... there are a few more places that might have been over looked that would make a great addition.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ragbag Comics
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-11 10:05 pm   Permalink

Went to Amazon...

Ordered THIS:

Got THIS:

Er... maybe that qualifies as "classic dining" by some(baby's) definition..?!
It does give a whole new meaning to "tableside service" <ba-dump> Hey-o!

But I digress...

I don't know what was going on in the Amazon warehouse when they put my order together, but they
sent me a replacement lickety split.

This book is AWESOME- cheers, Sven; seriously- spending my childhood (and adult life) in Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota (or, the epicenter of the Supper Club) it's a perfect package. I'm ordering
another one now for my parents... You can almost smell the prime rib.

The Wisconsin supper club is practically an art form. Should "Classic Dining II: Gastronomic Boogaloo" hit the shelves, there's much hiding off the beaten path here in the northern midwest...

Suddenly I got myself a hankering for a sweet Brandy old fashioned, smelts and candied beets....

--Pete

View Profile of Ragbag Comics Send a personal message to Ragbag Comics  Goto the website of Ragbag Comics     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-11 10:58 pm   Permalink

Mine is on the way! hope I don't get that breast feeding book....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-12 5:18 pm   Permalink

I'm with you, ATP. I mean, I already know how to breast feed!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation