FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars QH Tiki Deck
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
QH Tiki Deck
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-04 7:30 pm   Permalink

Looks cozy
Made me thirsty
So I just made a Mai-Tai
How's the weather outside (what state are u in)...
Have fun n drink up

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-04 8:14 pm   Permalink

Cool deck. I like it.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
qh tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-05 04:06 am   Permalink

My first grand-kid due this month.... made gate for QH Tiki Deck. Had to 'fit in'....

View Profile of qh tiki Send a personal message to qh tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
qh tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-05 04:10 am   Permalink

Thanks TC..... We are in Delaware.... still have to move the palms inside during the cold months.

View Profile of qh tiki Send a personal message to qh tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
qh tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-09 07:59 am   Permalink

Places we like to go to, tropical and more...... our sign post. I had family members each design their own.

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-30 11:07 am   Permalink

Very nice...got a photo from further back showing the whole bar top?

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
qh tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-30 11:13 am   Permalink

Thank you.... if used, hope it works for ya. No fasteners for puzzle pieces, they just lie on exterior / paint sealed plywood base.

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 07:23 am   Permalink

Any concerns about the rattan (and bamboo) holding up in the elements? Did you treat it at all?

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
qh tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-04 07:39 am   Permalink

Well... both the rattan and bamboo do weather a bit, loose their lightish color. I have had to spray some areas with a light bleach solution for cleaning, etc. I try not to worry too much about it... outside bar, natural weathering, etc. I call it patina... my wife hates that word... The protected pieces do hold up better / retain their appearance. Coating, might work.... I'd weigh work versus benefit.

The composite decking looks as good as the day I installed it.

Hope this helps.... qh tiki.

qh tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-06 07:09 am   Permalink

Hello Tiki Central. I have not posted in a while.... here are a few new pics of the Quail Hollow tiki deck.

[ This Message was edited by: qh tiki 2013-08-06 07:19 ]

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-06 08:24 am   Permalink

Looking good!

Is that a fan and heater? His and hers sides? Comfort zone temperature controlled?

qh tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-06 08:53 am   Permalink

Thanks Jimsflies...... LOL. Yes, an IR heater. Good for just bar area, also keeps flame away from thatch, etc.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-06 9:39 pm   Permalink

Hood idea on the heater...the place is looking great!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
qh tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-07 10:29 am   Permalink

Thank you Vampiress.....

Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-07 4:12 pm   Permalink

Hey that's a great looking space. From the photos I'd have to say that your deck is bigger than mine. But then they say size doesn't matter.

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation