FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » ebay: Now on ebay - Trader Vic's Hibachi Kit - new in box
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
ebay: Now on ebay - Trader Vic's Hibachi Kit - new in box
mittengirl

Posted: 2012-07-03 1:00 pm   Permalink

I just found this kit at a sale and thought I would ask the experts about it's value.

It is a hibachi kit in the original Trader Vic's box containing: Red cast iron Hibachi with two grates, 6 stainless steel swords (marked Trader Vic's), a recipe sheet, and a package of little bamboo skewers. All are new and unused. I'm thinking of posting it on ebay but don't know anything about the value. Is anything missing from the kit? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

On ebay now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221087298648?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

[ This Message was edited by: mittengirl 2012-08-02 06:10 ]

View Profile of mittengirl Send a personal message to mittengirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-03 1:15 pm   Permalink

I think you want this website:

www.Iwant2knowwhatsomethingisworthsoIcansellit.com

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-07-03 13:16 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mittengirl

Posted: 2012-07-03 1:19 pm   Permalink

Wow. Sorry I must have offended you by asking for help.
OK - How about this?
Is the kit complete? If in your vast store of tiki knowledge you have the answer please reply. If not then please don't.

View Profile of mittengirl Send a personal message to mittengirl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-03 3:28 pm   Permalink

2 bucks

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KittyKat65
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-03 3:29 pm   Permalink

The old-timers don't like people coming on here and asking for help as their first posts. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=43241&forum=5&20

View Profile of KittyKat65 Send a personal message to KittyKat65      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-03 4:04 pm   Permalink

I know I was blunt, But to be fair, I am really all about helping out a fellow Tikiphile
Someone who has an interest in preserving a particular time and place in our history
It is what this site is all about!

But I have no interest in assisting someone, Out to make a quick buck off that history
I find it completely disrespectful to us, (Whom are passionate about Tiki)
that someone can show no manners what so ever, Post once asking for our help, Never to post again
because they don't give a fuck about "Tiki" just making a maximum profit.

I find this as an indictment against all these "Greed based" Reality TV shows (Like Storage Wars etc.)
And the distasteful behavior exhibited in these shows, And the examples they set
Which in turn gets adopted by society in general, Making it an acceptable way of acting
when I do not.

Now get off my Lawn!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-03 5:14 pm   Permalink

“Disrespectful“ “no manners” wow, really….people have been looking to turn a profit since day one. I see nothing nefarious in this post. I believe this site is about maybe just a wee bit more than some on here like to believe.

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Teach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-03 5:22 pm   Permalink

Give credit that they were truthful in the question. showed enough respect to not try to play wow look what I have does anyone know the history of this...........

View Profile of Tiki Teach Send a personal message to Tiki Teach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-03 6:05 pm   Permalink

OnlyATikiLad, There is a major "Generational" divide between the concept
of etiquette & manners, Quite simply most people today do not understand the concept.

Call me old man or what ever you like, But I will embrace that ideal until I die
and will continue to point out the lack of such etiquette when it hits me in the face.

Tiki Teach, Yes fair enough

But what no one is asking is does "mittengirl" have just the slightest bit of interest in the world of Tiki?
or did she come here just because she is to lazy to do her own research on what something is worth
& how much to sell it for & yes, That is a rude thing to do, Especially without introduction or even the pleasantries
of saying hello first.

mittengirl if I am wrong about you I will personally offer to buy you a drink & apologize to your face.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-03 6:06 pm   Permalink

Oh I forgot, Get off my Lawn!

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-03 10:24 pm   Permalink

Hello ATP, You are ruthless. Passionate, but still ruthless. I agree with all that you said but you didn't compliment her on choosing the proper forum. Keep up the vigilance.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-03 10:44 pm   Permalink

If it wasn't for my sense of humor,I guess I would be a complete asshole
Cheers nui 'umi 'umi!

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-03 11:29 pm   Permalink

How can anyone harbor ill will towards someone who calls themselves "mittengirl" ??

Mittengirl, hibachis are really not collectible Tiki items so to assess the value is difficult. I would guess $25 might be a fair price.

You should just keep it and use it, after all anything grilled on a Trader Vic's hibachi will meet the criteria for Tiki food.

Cook up some Tiki hot dogs. That's priceless !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-04 12:27 am   Permalink

You mean one of the most wanted SS Torturer's of WWII

Ingrid Von Mittengirl!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-04 12:39 am   Permalink

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation