FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Orange County Tiki Crawl???
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Orange County Tiki Crawl???
Miss Hell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-06 2:26 pm   Permalink

San Diego has held their crawl, and is about to split it into a north crawl and a south crawl. I did a search and saw that the last OC crawl was sometime between 2002-2005. You guys should have one. And soon! I know that we would definitely be up there for it, if you did. And if we lived closer, we'd even plan it out. But...we aren't. So, instead we can only enjoy it from afar. Please someone plan/host an OC crawl, so we have a reason to head up your direction and enjoy seeing all of your beautiful tiki rooms/bars/yards/etc.

View Profile of Miss Hell Send a personal message to Miss Hell  Goto the website of Miss Hell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-06 2:38 pm   Permalink

Here's a Perfect Reason to head up to The Orange County Area

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=42065&forum=17&373

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2012-07-06 14:39 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miss Hell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-06 2:59 pm   Permalink

Yeah, there is always Don's, but I mean an actual crawl. At people's homes.

View Profile of Miss Hell Send a personal message to Miss Hell  Goto the website of Miss Hell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-06 5:12 pm   Permalink

I don't think we have many really tricked out Tiki Bar/homes in this area,anymore?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-06 10:38 pm   Permalink

Everybody I know is getting out of tiki.
All the cool kids are over it, and selling all their tiki decor.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-06 11:11 pm   Permalink

What about Bong's Garage?

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-06 11:24 pm   Permalink

Everyone head over to Bong's Gagrage!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-06 11:27 pm   Permalink

Miss Hell poses an interesting idea
But where i.e. who's places would be on a possible list?

Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-07 12:10 pm   Permalink

I know of some great Tiki Shacks and Tiki Rooms in Orange County and had the pleasure of hanging out at some on Visits. But these people may not want there homes opened to the general public.

Some times a crawl takes on a negative feel when it's not just collectors and fan's. There is that % of Crawlers that I wouldn't want in my home.

So we may not want to offer up some one else's home for the crawl.

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-07 1:16 pm   Permalink

Well then I guess it is just Bong's Gagrage

When should we have "Bong's Tiki Gagrage Crawl"?

forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-07 4:30 pm   Permalink

I will be there for Tiki market place on the 15th for more stuff for my Tiki room. I would have you guys hit up my Tiki room but I'm not in the O.C. I will br getting more stuff from you ATP.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-09 12:04 pm   Permalink

I was just wearing my Chongolio-designed "OC Tiki Crawl III, March 29, 2003" shirt the other day, and of the 4 locations we went to, 2 are gone (Royal Hawaiian, Bamboo Ben's) and 1 we got unceremoniously kicked out of and certainly wouldn't want us back (Billy's at the Beach). That leaves Sam's Seafood (now Don's) as the sole survivor. Turc's is a fun place, but can hardly accommodate a crawl-sized group. There's the Puka Bar in LB, but that's a hike from the OC, so without making it a huge driving excursion (or making a home-bar crawl), I don't know what else there is in OC! Other than Bong's garage, that is...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2012-07-09 12:06 pm   Permalink

The Puka Bar is gone.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-09 12:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-07-06 22:38, bigtikidude wrote:
Everybody I know is getting out of tiki.
All the cool kids are over it, and selling all their tiki decor.

Jeff(btd)

Don't laugh - I actually know a few 'Old Skool TC-er's' that are doing that very thing. Sad, but true.

(However, I am hoping to benefit as they start to unload their decor!)
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Onyx_Noir
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-07-09 12:22 pm   Permalink

Sadly, Puka bar is closed.

View Profile of Onyx_Noir Send a personal message to Onyx_Noir  Email Onyx_Noir     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation