FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts WhoDoo Dolls - tiki?
WhoDoo Dolls - tiki?
Whystler
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-07-07 4:56 pm   Permalink

I made these lil darlins last year some time. They didn't make a big splash on etsy, but they do have a certain tiki - ish charm. So I thought I'd post them here.

These are designed on the computer, in parts, printed in abs plastic on my 3d printer, and then assembled, painted, stained, and adorned with feathers. My plan is to work on some true tiki designs for pendants, and hand paint them as well to offer at a local pirate festival that's coming up. I'd be interested in your thoughts.

-Whystler

View Profile of Whystler Send a personal message to Whystler      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-07-07 7:08 pm   Permalink

Skulls seem to be very popular in tiki culture. Pirates too and space ships and... so your creations are cute and fit right in. I'll look forward to seeing your tiki designs. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-08 12:15 pm   Permalink

I would say tiki influenced, or poly pop around here... Sven might come out of the woodwork and chastise you for using the term so lightly (read up on the difference by using the search feature, probably with the term "is it tiki?" trust me its kind of a big deal round here). I think they are pretty cool myself, remind me a bit of a Kachina doll. Welcome to TC, hope to see more of your work.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-07-08 8:43 pm   Permalink

Well since you asked, no, not tiki.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation