FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Bilge » » ATP is Old, Angry & Ranting!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
ATP is Old, Angry & Ranting!
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 6:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-11 18:36, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
H most people today don't even know I was banned permanently (one year in the catacombs)

I earned a life time ban from TalkBass forum. The banhammer was swift and merciless!

There was some poster asking about what's the best type of bass for "Dream Pop/Shoegaze" and then another poster right after asked what the heck that was...and I made a humorous response which no one thought was funny. Except me.

I said a bunch of stuff, but basically exclaimed that "while no one knows exactly what dreampop/shoegaze really is, I am quite sure it is probably type of music I will be hearing on the way to hell".

Oh, I also engaged in some anti-beatles and anti- jam band debates/flame wars.

Good times.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 7:07 pm   Permalink

Sounds reasonable to me.....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 8:11 pm   Permalink

Shoe gaze is what I do while listening to
Hapa Haole music is being played live, but there is no
Hula Dancers to watch.

Jeff btd
Aspergers strikes again

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2013-03-11 20:12 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 08:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-11 20:11, bigtikidude wrote:
Shoe gaze is what I do while listening to
Hapa Haole music is being played live, but there is no
Hula Dancers to watch.

Jeff btd
Aspergers strikes again

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2013-03-11 20:12 ]

don't you mean, "when there is no mug release"?

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 11:10 am   Permalink

I got your mug release......Right here!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 12:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[Aspergers strikes again

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 5:36 pm   Permalink

What are you talking about?
I could care less about 98% of the mug releases.

Jeff btd

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 8:59 pm   Permalink

and then there was this.....

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-16 12:20 pm   Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzKEix4PXBU

It's tiki.

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-21 08:09 am   Permalink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfZfH33baMs

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-21 08:16 am   Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kod1q39ddE&sns=em

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-21 10:49 am   Permalink

That was funny!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tYAA285gY0

MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-03 1:39 pm   Permalink

One of my pet peeves is the new trend to purposely misspell a child’s name. Interchange “f” and “ph”, interchange “i” and “y”, interchange "c" with "s" or "k", interchange single and double consonants, randomly insert vowels. I recently saw the beautiful Hawaiian name “Leilani” (which means “Flowers from Heaven”) spelled “Laylonny” (which means "My Parents Played a Cruel Joke on me and I have to Live with it for the Rest of my Life”). I know the intent is to give your child a unique name, but all it does is guarantee the child’s name will always be pronounced and spelled wrong. It also means your child will never go into WalMart and buy a bicycle license plate with their name on it. I keep waiting for 2 things to happen with this misspelling trend; first, for someone to spell their child’s name with a number instead of a letter, like Fr3d. And second, for someone to change the spelling of Jesus to “Hayzeus” (Spanish pronunciation).
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-03 2:13 pm   Permalink

Yeah MDM, I hate that too. I would guess everyone does, but these "original" names keep happening. My name is Chris, but with a Y, spelled Chrys... Teachers have to be holding back from saying, "Your parents must be a bunch of D-Bags!"

What sence does it make to try to be different by making a different spelling of a regular name. That is not unique. They need to grow a pair and name their kids something actually unique and different... Like Treg.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-03 2:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-04-03 13:39, MadDogMike wrote:
I keep waiting for 2 things to happen with this misspelling trend; first, for someone to spell their child’s name with a number instead of a letter, like Fr3d.

A friend of musical humorist Tom Lehrer already did that...

YouTube: Tom Lehrer

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation