FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge ATP is Old, Angry & Ranting!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
ATP is Old, Angry & Ranting!
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-04 02:58 am   Permalink

Just some random stream of consciousness......

If you dress up your Pets in funny little outfits, Your a horrible person and should be forced to dress
like a wild animal, Preferably prey animals, Then released onto the Serengeti or other suitable wild lands.

In some circles on Tiki Central, I am being called the "Butcher of Tiki Central" which is forcing me to use my alias
of "Jesus Diablo" when I go to Tiki events,I would prefer being called "Tiki Kali" Destroyer of online worlds
I find it fits my crimes much more appropriately.

Now please prepare your virtual sacrifices to me or feel my wrath!

You can build an entire house out of Bamboo, But it's not Tiki if it has no Tikis!
Which reminds me you should add Sam Fuller's "House of Bamboo" to your Netflix cue.....

Corporate fast food chains do not serve good food! They serve bad food, It looks bad, It tastes bad & it is bad!
Except for In-N-Out......

Why don't we have any "Theremin" Bands? They could have cool names like "The Gorts" or "The Forbidden Planeteers"

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-04 10:22 am   Permalink

ATP, from now on your new delta chi name is "remo williams".

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-04 11:51 am   Permalink

ATP...I luv ya...I think your delightful moxie just hits some folks the wrong way (and maybe some of them deserve it). You are so right-on about people zooming past this site with one post asking how much something is worth without any intent on Tiki passion.

It is rough to start posting here as a newbie if you don't "get" Tiki. I didn't know the difference between commercial Tikis and the real thing when I first started posting on this board and certainly had to dodge a few bullets (still do to this day). But if a person is interested in learning about the genre, then they really should introduce themselves and do some reading and we have the opportunity to encourage them to do so. I will never be an expert on the knowledge related to cocktails, Tikis, art, etc., but I admire everyone that is an expert. It's not that I don't support Tiki, it is just that my disc drive is out of space, I can barely remember what I need to do at work.

To me, it is just not worth getting angry about when the innocent folks or the annoying fly-byes post something that is not respectful or similar posts already exists. I agree that some folks can certainly turn a newbie off and I know people who are not experts like me that don't post for fear of retaliation. I do find that rather sad, but I do my best to avoid drama and that in itself can be a challenge.

Thank you for being you!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-04 11:52 am   Permalink

Thanks Lucas! as long as I can practice my "Sinanju" on Tiki Central still....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-04 12:23 pm   Permalink

Vamp, You are one of the good ones!

Funny thing is am I am not really angry (I still find it annoying, though) about
"The Predatory Profiteering mindset & discourteous nature of how these people conduct themselves
with complete disregard of the history and culture of those that they demand time & information from"

It is just my sense of humor really doesn't translate well to many people, whom I believe are lacking
a particular chromosome in their genetic makeup, Or may have been dropped as babies
or just spent to much time with a cell phone pressed to their heads.

But I am all for welcoming "Newbies" while providing them a safe & semi comfortable environment
as long as we can still browbeat them with Tiki & Mid Century Dogma until they cry......in joy, that is.......

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-04 1:01 pm   Permalink

Well said!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 12:25 am   Permalink

Kids were different in the old days....
In the 1960s we had this great game called Lawn Darts", The game consisted of these large metal darts
which you threw into the air

Kids in the 50s & 60s were schooled in the laws of "Natural Selection"
so when a kid was to slow to get out of the way of a descending Lawn Dart
and the dart got embedded into said kid.....It was funny!

I miss lawn darts & Natural Selection....

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-08-06 00:30 ]

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 08:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-04 11:52, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Thanks Lucas! as long as I can practice my "Sinanju" on Tiki Central still....

Yes you can, you pale piece of a pig's ear!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-08-06 09:28 am   Permalink

ATP,

I was the receiver of one of your barbs a while back regarding a link to the Disney Store that you couldn't open for some unknown reason. My first reply I sent back to you was filled with expletives with what you could do with yourself so I deleted it and sent something much more tame.
Since then I see your purpose on Tiki Central as more of an enforcer, like in hockey, which is a good thing.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 11:46 am   Permalink

tikilongbeach, I can assure you my directness in that thread was without malice
But I can understand your reaction, I went to "Diplomacy School"
but received low marks in subtlety, yet I did excel in "Cowboy Diplomacy"

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-17 02:31 am   Permalink

Is anyone using the "Like" button......anyone?
Well it just goes to show you that people are to lazy to like something.

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-08-17 02:32 ]

White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2012-08-19 09:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

Why is it now considered rude,To say that you don't like something?

Quote:

On 2012-08-17 02:31, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Is anyone using the "Like" button......anyone?

What's this obsession with liking & not liking? Apparently the "like" juice runs out somewhere between the left coast and North Georgia, cuz there, like, ain't no "like" button on this here computer.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-19 3:00 pm   Permalink

I like you, ATP!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-19 11:38 pm   Permalink

Maybe it's lucky Bilge has no "like" buttons!
Thanks for the Boston love BigK! did you make it out to Oasis this year?
Now I need to rest this rum soaked brain........

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-20 12:05 am   Permalink

Big shout out to MadDogMike, KrisDrama!!!, All of the Ding Dong Devils, Crazy Al
Hiphipahula the Cocktail Queen, John-O (Mr. Moto), Jon Paul & Doctor Z "Get to the choppa!" Marie you Cocktail Goddess
Manual & Eric (Green Hornet & Kato) & MDMs "Jaws", The best costumes at Oasis!

Kate Flannery & Chris (Stay classy, you two!)+(The Lampshades were hilarious!) Sonny Moon & the Martini Kings sent me to the moon!
Getting to see the SD crew, Matt Reese, Eric the Red (Hey Buzzy even said hello!)
Now my brain stopped working......many more! must sleep first.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation