FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars My new Hut..the beginning....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
My new Hut..the beginning....
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-12 7:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks for an update. Love the look of the portholes.

We fully understand that quality takes time and we are a very patient group. No rush.
(pst...can you believe I said that with a straight face??)

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 6:56 pm   Permalink

Any updates for us on this project? Love what you have so far!

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-19 6:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks man. It's been real slow. Doing 99.9% of it by myself which takes even more time. Also the winter month kinda slowed down the process too. And the fact I'm lazy doesn't help either...

I haven't posted any updates because I've been doing all the boring stuff... Ceiling, walls, insulation, vents etc. I'm just now starting to get some lauhala matting on the ceiling and the bamboo ceiling fan up.

I've been learning to router boards for the beams. Self taught, trial and error. I'm pretty happy with the results.

I still have 2 portholes to put in, a closet to build, a wall project, lauhala matting, fishnet, etc etc etc... Lol
Then I get to do the outside.....

I should be done in 2046

Here's a peek ....

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-19 6:45 pm   Permalink

That is some fine router work. Did you carve out the islands and other items with the router?

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-19 7:39 pm   Permalink

Yes.. All done with a router. Each beam represents a different theme, hawaii, maori, etc. I have some killer ideas for themes of the other beams that I'm working on... I'll post them when I'm finished.
Over 300 ft of routing to be done just in beams and door frame alone.

See why I figure I'll finish my hut 3 weeks after I'm dead? Lol

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 07:41 am   Permalink

I'm thinking I would like to add a porthole in my design. How large are the portholes you are using? They seem to get expensive pretty quick for the larger ones.

Also, I guess that with most I have seen for sale that they would need that outside ring made like you did for it to screw into. What material did they use? Also if you don't mind me asking, what was the approximate cost to the outside ring made?

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 08:29 am   Permalink

That is some amazing router work. Love the detail you were able to get on those.

I can totally see why you will not be done for a while. LOL

Great work!

- Dale

tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-20 08:51 am   Permalink

Beautiful router work!

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 10:23 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone. Jimsflies, I sent you a pm...

Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 12:32 pm   Permalink

The Navy door is bad ass.

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 2:02 pm   Permalink

Awesome Erich!!! Love the nautical stuff. That Navy door is way cool. This is going to be a fun space.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 2:09 pm   Permalink

Simply... WOW!

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-21 10:34 am   Permalink

WOW id kill for your navy door!!!! so so cool!!! wish I had that kind of property

paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRetardo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-22 11:35 pm   Permalink

Wow thats amazing router work cant wait to see the rest.....

View Profile of TikiRetardo Send a personal message to TikiRetardo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Masher88
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-25 05:39 am   Permalink

Wow fantastic carving on those beams! Are you using a plunge router or a Dremel tool of some kind?

View Profile of Masher88 Send a personal message to Masher88      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation