FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Hut....The inside done .... outside begins...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
The Hut....The inside done .... outside begins...
Polly_Nesia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-23 10:24 am   Permalink

Just Wow! First time looking at your build. I thought your first hut looked great but the new one is just way above. Portholes, cool idea; ships door, outrageous. This is a destination bar for sure. Nice carving on the tiki and woodwork pieces.

BTW see that you are in SoCal, are you in an earthquake zone and if so how are you securing all the items. Thanks for showing off your new digs.

View Profile of Polly_Nesia Send a personal message to Polly_Nesia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-06-23 12:45 pm   Permalink

thanks all

Most things are placed down with museum putty and top heavy pieces have 2 lb test line around them anchoring them to the wall. The drummers are strapped down at the base.
The hut is built on pylons way down past bedrock, so it doesn't move much during quakes.

knock on wood

Erich

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-07-26 2:49 pm   Permalink

after 4 years I finally put in stairs (which made a lot of people who visit the Hut happy). Added some dock poles too. Refit the door trim and finally removed a rock pile that had been there for 5 years.

Still long ways to go.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-13 06:48 am   Permalink

Sweet.........

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
W8N2Surf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-09-06 8:28 pm   Permalink

Your commitment is inspiring, sir.

View Profile of W8N2Surf Send a personal message to W8N2Surf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-09-06 8:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks...it has been a never ending journey..lol

ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-03-26 10:52 pm   Permalink

My new addition to the hut...

finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-03 4:15 pm   Permalink

Daaaaymm! That's an outstanding addition to your collection. Is there a story behind how you acquired it? Your Hut is looking better and better, man. I hadn't seen the update with the stairs before. Nice work.

Cheers to your new PNG!

Ryan

[ This Message was edited by: Finky099 2017-04-03 20:59 ]

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-03 7:28 pm   Permalink

Looks great, love it.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-06 4:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys.

No great story really. I go searching for stuff 2-3 days a week..sometimes you hit, sometimes you miss. Lately I've I had a few good hits. lol

Dad found a porthole recently that is real historical. I need to post about it on here, I just keep forgetting.

I also put my hut on critiki finally.

https://www.critiki.com/location/the-tiki-hut-yucaipa-991/

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-04-09 8:26 pm   Permalink

I am in love with that Maori....what a thing of beauty. If you ever have to sell him, put my name on the list. I don't have any PNG, yours are great. FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-02 5:02 pm   Permalink

I decided to build a deck between the Hut and the Lean-to. I cut slightly into the mountain, built it almost entirely out of wood recycled from my parents rebuilding their carport. Filled it full of cool stuff. I'm happy with it.

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-02 6:42 pm   Permalink

Looking good! Love the new additions!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-02 6:48 pm   Permalink

Excellent clutter! I've been trying to accumulate similar items of decor, but dang, the more trashed out something is, the more it seems people want for it! And is that a for-real giant clam shell? Excellent! I've had to make do with a concrete version. You've got a great thing going!

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-02 7:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks.
The shells are real. I've got quite a few bigger ones. The 2 on the deck are like 16in and 12 inches.
The one in the lean-to is 19in and I've got several inside the hut from 20in up to 33in.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation