FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Hut....The inside done .... outside begins...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
The Hut....The inside done .... outside begins...
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-02 9:11 pm   Permalink

Outstanding bruddah
Another great add on

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-03 07:38 am   Permalink

That is some very picturesque clutter there. I'm envious!

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-26 3:15 pm   Permalink

Added in a new digital Timer and electrical lines going to the Lean-to and deck.... and a few snow pics

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-02-27 09:59 am   Permalink

Very nice Erich! You guys are a little higher in elevation than I realized. Probably doesn't snow often but once in a while. I heard snow was supposed to get down to 2,000 feet this week
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-27 3:02 pm   Permalink

We are like at 3800+ ft. We got more this morning.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-12 1:41 pm   Permalink

About a month or so ago, my buddy in New Jersey said he saw a tiki statue for sale and wanted to know if I wanted it. He had no idea the significance of it, but was excited I was happy about it. So he bought him, and we shipped him across the country to the hut.

He was missing the stand and bowl. I my mind the only person right for the job was Ken Pleasant. So I contacted him and he carved it up for me...

I spent about a week soaking the statue to kill termites (and one new jersey carpenter bee that escaped and is probably confused now where he is), brushing and staining. Its a little darker than it should be, but its close.

Yesterday I put him in his final spot and reworked a blue moving light to simulate water in the bowl.

All in all I'm a happy kid, and this witco fountain will now get a much better life.

[ This Message was edited by: ErichTroudt 2018-06-12 13:42 ]

Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-12 2:05 pm   Permalink

ARGH! I saw your light post on FB but hadn't realized the backstory! That is a super find (wish I had friends like that!) and a great restoration job. Glad to see the ol' Drooling Bastard getting a new lease on life.
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bam Bam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-12 2:14 pm   Permalink

Nice score! Excellent restoration as well. He looks very much at home.

View Profile of Bam Bam Send a personal message to Bam Bam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-12 6:30 pm   Permalink

Nice!

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Will carve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-13 07:10 am   Permalink

"I spent about a week soaking the statue to kill termites"
In what?
Please.

View Profile of Will carve Send a personal message to Will carve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-06-13 10:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-06-13 07:10, Will carve wrote:
"I spent about a week soaking the statue to kill termites"
In what?
Please.

I'd also be interested in hearing what you used. Did you actually find termites in it, or was it a precaution?

You've got some great friends!

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation