FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Hut....The inside done .... outside begins...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
The Hut....The inside done .... outside begins...
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-02 9:11 pm   Permalink

Outstanding bruddah
Another great add on

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-03 07:38 am   Permalink

That is some very picturesque clutter there. I'm envious!

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-26 3:15 pm   Permalink

Added in a new digital Timer and electrical lines going to the Lean-to and deck.... and a few snow pics

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2018-02-27 09:59 am   Permalink

Very nice Erich! You guys are a little higher in elevation than I realized. Probably doesn't snow often but once in a while. I heard snow was supposed to get down to 2,000 feet this week

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-02-27 3:02 pm   Permalink

We are like at 3800+ ft. We got more this morning.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-12 1:41 pm   Permalink

About a month or so ago, my buddy in New Jersey said he saw a tiki statue for sale and wanted to know if I wanted it. He had no idea the significance of it, but was excited I was happy about it. So he bought him, and we shipped him across the country to the hut.

He was missing the stand and bowl. I my mind the only person right for the job was Ken Pleasant. So I contacted him and he carved it up for me...

I spent about a week soaking the statue to kill termites (and one new jersey carpenter bee that escaped and is probably confused now where he is), brushing and staining. Its a little darker than it should be, but its close.

Yesterday I put him in his final spot and reworked a blue moving light to simulate water in the bowl.

All in all I'm a happy kid, and this witco fountain will now get a much better life.

[ This Message was edited by: ErichTroudt 2018-06-12 13:42 ]

Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-12 2:05 pm   Permalink

ARGH! I saw your light post on FB but hadn't realized the backstory! That is a super find (wish I had friends like that!) and a great restoration job. Glad to see the ol' Drooling Bastard getting a new lease on life.
www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bam Bam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-12 2:14 pm   Permalink

Nice score! Excellent restoration as well. He looks very much at home.

View Profile of Bam Bam Send a personal message to Bam Bam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-12 6:30 pm   Permalink

Nice!

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Will carve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-13 07:10 am   Permalink

"I spent about a week soaking the statue to kill termites"
In what?
Please.

View Profile of Will carve Send a personal message to Will carve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitube
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2018-06-13 10:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-06-13 07:10, Will carve wrote:
"I spent about a week soaking the statue to kill termites"
In what?
Please.

I'd also be interested in hearing what you used. Did you actually find termites in it, or was it a precaution?

You've got some great friends!

View Profile of tikitube Send a personal message to tikitube      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation