FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars My new Hut..the Decorating has started...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
My new Hut..the Decorating has started...
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-03 09:19 am   Permalink

I'm digging the nautical stuff in your build

great use of the router as well.

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-09-06 8:28 pm   Permalink

Wow...it just looks awesome...very professional!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-07 4:58 pm   Permalink

Thanks

It took 3 months, but the door trim is finally completely finished.... I'm really happy with the way it came out....

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-08 07:59 am   Permalink

The door looks amazing, nice job. Love the design.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-09 09:37 am   Permalink

FANTASTIC trim work.
Nice to see someone doing something different around here.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-10 11:44 am   Permalink

Awesome..........

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-17 2:32 pm   Permalink

Well, the mug portion of the decoration has started. 30 ft of shelf was not nearly enough for the collection. Busted out some of the coco joes too...and I'm realizing about 16 ft of shelf won't hold all of them...

Time to re-think the wall layout and the shelf situation...

Here's a peek

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-17 3:49 pm   Permalink

Looking good! That plain brown door is just begging for a tiki mask or something....

Loving the progress pics. Keep them coming!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-17 3:58 pm   Permalink

yeah, the door is gonna take some thinking. Whatever goes on it should be maori related and it can't be too busy (like tapa) to take away from all the super detail of the trim.
I'm thinking a mask will take away from the Tikis on the trim...Or at least that's my thinking anyway....

Maybe a huge maori war club?

I'm just gonna leave it plain for now... Hopefully I'll figure it out later.

Greg_D_R
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-17 7:04 pm   Permalink

Amazing stuff! I already see a couple of things I'm going to borrow from you. Very inspirational.

View Profile of Greg_D_R Send a personal message to Greg_D_R      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-18 9:16 pm   Permalink

I see lots of pricey mugs, are you using anything to secure them since we both live in earthquake country?

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-19 12:33 am   Permalink

I used super glue to hold them all down......

Just kidding. They all have museum putty on them... some even have a light strand of fishing wire around them in addition to the putty.

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-19 07:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-09-19 00:33, ErichTroudt wrote:
I used super glue to hold them all down......

Just kidding. They all have museum putty on them... some even have a light strand of fishing wire around them in addition to the putty.

very cool! Ive got some of that too!!! nice job on the fishing line, cant even see it!!! maybe cuz Im drooling over all the mugs and awesome carpentry !!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 26 days ago; 5:46 pm   Permalink

Just a few progress pics....

Barrels, crate and nautical stuff all stacked up that hide the dvd and cable box

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation