FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Hut....The inside done .... outside begins...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
The Hut....The inside done .... outside begins...
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-12 02:17 am   Permalink

Yes, turn off any white lights, puts on "Quiet Village" in the background, relax in your soft cushion rattan chair, drink in your hand, there is no more to life. Great job! All I can do is stare at your photos and imagine I'm there too. Enjoy the fruits of your hard work.

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-12 10:11 pm   Permalink

Congratulations. Beautiful work through and through.

Enjoy!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-15 12:29 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the nice responses. While I built it for me and what I wanted, its always nice to know that others appreciate your work.

Its about 95% exactly what I envisioned when I started 3 years ago. There wasn't one part of it that I didn't have a hand in doing. I even pitched in with the carpet installers so I could make that claim lol.

Now on to the outside. I need money, time, and some more knowledge to pull it off. Hopefully it won't take another 3 years.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 4:02 pm   Permalink

Before I show the very little progress on the outside of the hut, here are 2 new things for the inside.

Dad carved this for me. One of my favorite pieces in the Hut.

Then about 1 1/2 years ago I bought a Borneo headhunter. I've always wanted one. He was in rough shape. Missing an arm. chunks out of noses and heads, crack in the leg.
I gave him to my buddy who is amazing building stuff out of clay and epoxy putty. Extremely talented artist who can make something new look 200 years old.
he let the headhunter sit around untouched for 1 1/2 years and then finished him in 3 days. Came out amazing.

Before

After

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 3 days ago; 4:09 pm   Permalink

Now on to the outside...

Long long long way to go....

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 07:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-05-03 16:02, ErichTroudt wrote:

Wow!!

Would love to see progress pics of that. Amazing work! Who is this guy?!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 07:40 am   Permalink

Nice piece from your Dad, that's cool.
Your friend with the repair skills, WOW, mad skillZ
The outside of your Hut is killer.....

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation