FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars My new Hut..the beginning....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
My new Hut..the beginning....
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-25 01:02 am   Permalink

I added another carved piece to the disney area....

a carved piece to cover the lauhala matting seam and shelves for all the disney mugs and statues will be next....

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-25 06:08 am   Permalink

Your attention to details just makes the whole thing awesome! Love what you did with the drummers and the "middle guy" and the new carved piece is really cool.

I love the fact that visitors in your realm can sit there and always find something new to look at.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-25 9:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone...

The other day I was thinking about how crazy it was going to look when I decorate it with the hundreds of mugs, ashtrays, coco joes, masks, statues, menus and the tiki room disney stuff.....

Over 100 boxes sit in the garage filled with mostly vintage pieces from 20 years of collecting, just waiting for the construction to be done....

Plus several more nautical lamps....hundreds of abalone shells and conch shells....

I don't even remember everything I have...lol

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MissClaireTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-26 9:55 pm   Permalink

The middle drummer you made is amazing!. Can't wait to see what you'll do next.

View Profile of MissClaireTiki Send a personal message to MissClaireTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-08 12:31 pm   Permalink

not in decorating mode yet, still need a few more shelves, new door and floor....but I made a frame for my disney tiki poster.
I had never made a frame before, and wanted to get a practice one in before a special project...it came out okay, I learned a lot... I kept the design simple not to over power an already busy picture...It will look cool enough in the disney area surrounded by all the tiki room and trader sams mugs...eventually... meanwhile it can be kept company by the rip-off tascano, tiki room statues from big lots from years ago....

Tiki Tex
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-16 05:32 am   Permalink

Did I hear that right? Over 100 boxes?? WOW. My wife and I just moved into a new house (with an attached "man cave" that is being re-made into a tiki bar) and I thought I was bad with around 30 boxes of stuff!

Your work is incredible, mahalo for sharing.

View Profile of Tiki Tex Send a personal message to Tiki Tex  Email Tiki Tex     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-16 11:11 am   Permalink

wow!!! I used photos of your original bar when I decided I wanted an outdoor bar! so loved the look of it!!! I too have way too many boxes of stuff, luckily Ive got about 20 large wood crates, which work well for decorating as well are filled with items to go into the new bar space, I don't think I have 100 boxes, but I do have a 3 car garage space filled to the top with stuff for the new yard and bar space!

keep up the good work and more photos please!!!!!

paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-30 3:58 pm   Permalink

Okay, time to catch up on this thread..

Me and dad took out the temporary double doors, put in a steel pre-fab single door. Then we put in new walls, insulation and sealant to fill in the space.
(actually dad did most of it because I got something big in my eye and spent most of the day complaining like a little girl)...

Old doors...

new door....

I made a box to cover the ceiling fan and covered the globe in burlap (until I can do something better eventually)

I also made a shade for the closet light....

I did some nautical stuff the the outside of the closet, including adding a pic of the ship the light came off of,

Then came 2 projects having nothing to do with the hut....

The first, Von Franco asked me to build and carve him a frame for the big painting at his Palm Springs art show... 3ft x 4ft by 1 1/2 inches thick... I had 3 or 4 days to pull it off...

At the gallery

Me and Franco

Then I did a fathers day present for Dad. My first non-tiki, polynesian piece. I did a small replica sign of the campground site he has been going to for over 50 years.

Then back to the hut....

I started carving the door trim for the inside... I got a little carried away... Only one side is done so far. approx 20in x 8ft.. Maori spirit house inspired...

Next will be fire, stain, and I'm going to add a clam shell into the board where his hands go...

This will give you the idea of how it will look..

So brings it up to date.... I still have to carve another board to match the other side of the door, put in carpet, and more shelves....I'm already 6 months behind schedule, whats another few months....

Erich

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-30 4:17 pm   Permalink

NICE!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-30 11:22 pm   Permalink

That Moari panel is incredible!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-01 9:41 pm   Permalink

Love the panel. Great work everywhere so far.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-02 12:42 am   Permalink

Thanks to the 3 of you for the kind words...

We fit the panel next to the door today and cut the hole for the shell... came up with the best idea on the final install.
I'll be burning, staining, installing the shell and permanently putting up the panel in the next week or so...

Erich

littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-02 06:42 am   Permalink

Can't wait to see that panel complete. Insane work on that door. Stunning already. The burn and stain will send it over the top.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 4 days ago; 3:52 pm   Permalink

So I cleaned the hut out completely...

then I had the carpet installed

Then I made up some Baseboards

Then I built a small corner table to hold the Tiki Room Big Figure

Lots of Lauhala Braid to cover all the screw heads in the bamboo

Ordered the material to cover my 5 band pretzel bamboo chairs

Then working on 2 tone staining the door trim

Temporarily hung

So that catches it up... Hopefully this weekend I'll get the door trim permanently hung and the shell mounted in them.
Next will be creating the Top of the door trim, a disguised entertainment center for dvd and cable box, lots more screw heads to cover, change the outlets near the corner table to brown, and a 2 ft tall Ngendei carved for the front of the tiki room table, looking as if he's supporting it up with his feet.

ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Today; 3:29 pm   Permalink

The glue held.... I'm really happy the way this came out

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation