FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Iniki: Do you know anything about this place?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Iniki: Do you know anything about this place?
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-03 02:01 am   Permalink

Okay Chongolio just posted a photo of a great mug that will be available this fall at a new place on Kauai call "Tiki Iniki". All that was reported was that it is in Princeville.

http://www.facebook.com/Chongolio

What I found interesting was when I googled "tiki iniki", the trademark was registered to none other than Kauai resident TODD RUNDGREN! Okay, okay the chances of it being a classic tiki joint are very, very slim. But the chances of a Todd Rundgren joint being extremely weird are very, very good.

Does anyone have any inside info?

Aloha

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 01:40 am   Permalink

Super 8,

Relax and stay a while!

It'll be good. Trust me.

Why was I on Kauai in June???

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trailerpark Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 09:15 am   Permalink

Trailerpark Tiki To do List: Go to Kauai, see Todd Rundgren's Tiki Bar.

View Profile of Trailerpark Tiki Send a personal message to Trailerpark Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 4:18 pm   Permalink

p.s. I was there for a little R&D and a little R&R.

It's projected to open June 2013.

more soon......

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Fun for you!

[ This Message was edited by: revbambooben 2013-04-30 10:29 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 5:34 pm   Permalink

Ben strikes again!!! Bringing Tiki to the masses.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 6:33 pm   Permalink

Facebook page go like!

Facebook/TikiIniki

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-06 09:28 am   Permalink

Love Rundgrens music!
Like this newer cd but I think it's out of print.
Todd Rundgren With a Twist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNAmLWCob0k&playnext=1&list=PLCD651AF008639CE0&feature=results_main

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-06 10:08 am   Permalink

Just one more reason to head back to Kuaui!!!

edit...removed a link that apparently did not have the right picture...damned internet...LOL

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2012-08-06 14:15 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 12:00 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 12:59 pm   Permalink

WOW!! Looking at the sites picture it looks awesome . We really need a Tiki lounge like this on the central coast. Why do all the good ones have to be hours or many miles away?

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 1:53 pm   Permalink

The picture on the website is not the new bar, but the Jungalero Lounge, Howland's bar http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20343&forum=20
It's even the picture from Imbibe Magazine.

I would have been very surprised if the bar would be like that, done and all, if they'd open in a year.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-06 2:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the heads-up Virani. Guess...I better keep my fingers still till they update their site. Will be looking forward to it though.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-19 5:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-06 13:53, virani wrote:
The picture on the website is not the new bar, but the Jungalero Lounge, Howland's bar http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20343&forum=20
It's even the picture from Imbibe Magazine.

I would have been very surprised if the bar would be like that, done and all, if they'd open in a year.

Good call Virani, it is my Jungalero Lounge on the marker web page for Tiki Iniki but it is a photo taken by Trader Scott Kirkham. It is very similar to the Imbibe Magazine shot though. I've been chatting a bit with the Mrs. Rundgren (super cool, btw) and she has my permission to use the photo -also very flattered that she intends to use the Jungalero as inspiration for Tiki Iniki Been a fan of hubby Todd for as long as I can remember.

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-13 09:50 am   Permalink

Todd's wife Michelle came in July and bought a BUNCH of our vintage tiki mugs. I hear she's been hitting all the vintage stores around Portland and cleaning them out! Using vintage mugs will be a nice touch!

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-13 10:35 am   Permalink

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/runt/2012/08/22/rr-special-edition-with-michele-rundgren

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation