FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tiki Iniki, Kauai, HI (bar) (now open)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Iniki, Kauai, HI (bar) (now open)
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-28 7:50 pm   Permalink

Not open yet!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 4:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks! Ben - do we know anything? Like when?

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 6:52 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2013-12-05 11:05 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
UtikianVisions

Posted: 2013-08-24 2:35 pm   Permalink

Tiki Iniki is a new restaurant/bar about to open next month, owned and operated by Todd and Michele Rundgren, (Yes that Todd Rundgren) in the heart of the Princeville Town Center on the north shore of Kauai. I had the privilege of attending a private launch party and the food was incredible, the cocktail menu unique and tasty and it wasn't even the full menu for either. The decor was designed and built by 3rd generation and legendary Tiki builder, Bamboo Ben. The place looks fantastic, with a rock lava waterfalls wall and attention to the smallest detail through out. There is even an "archway" ode to the Coco Palms, the legendary hotel on Kauai. Its a mid size place, seating for about 65, when including the Lanai. Not sure what music will be played when opened, while Todd did perform a few songs with a live band for the party, but sure it will be location appropriate. While the food is top notch, will be moderately priced (cocktails as well).

If you are the north shore of Kauai, starting next month... go check it out!

A few photos from the Festivities:

Todd and Michele: Michele serving Todd a big cocktail offering: Todd Performing: Michele and Me (Tikiboy): Michele with a friend, who made the mosaic table top!

View Profile of UtikianVisions Send a personal message to UtikianVisions  Email UtikianVisions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-19 2:39 pm   Permalink

On the T.I. twitter feed it says that as soon as the fire and health permits are obtained they will open up. Says "maybe" by the end of September.

View Profile of tikihai Send a personal message to tikihai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-09 6:16 pm   Permalink

I just checked their twitter feed again and saw this regarding the soft opening:

Open to public on 10/17!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-14 8:50 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2013-12-02 20:55 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-10-19 12:50 am   Permalink

Just got back from the grand opening. Bamboo Ben did the usual amazing job, great Tipsy factor, rattan, puffer fish, float lights, tapa lights, and knick knacks. They have 3 tiki mugs with their logo that look like standard tiki farm mugs: Ku, Lono, and Rarotonga. The drinks are all fresh juices and syrups. It was opening night and the place was packed, so the bartenders need to work on consistency, but overall better than the syrupy sweet crap you generally get on the islands. The Mai Tai is trader Vic version, the Zombie is Don the Beachcomber 1950's version, they make a great Singapore sling variation, and dacquri.
Food is farm to table and was hit or miss, but again it was a packed opening night. Overall this is a welcome North Shore addition to the legendary Tahiti Nui for the tiki Ohana. It is obvious they Todd and Michelle are taking this endeavor seriously, and I expect the drinks and food to become more consistent. The staff and manager Madison were friendly and enthusiastic. I have some pics, that I will post when I get back to the mainland, but I assume you already saw the tiki mag article.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn

Posted: 2013-10-19 01:03 am   Permalink

Some pics of opening night: sorry if the photos are wrong orientation, but you can get the idea.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-19 12:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the update! Now I just have to wait 3 1/2 months to get there. Sounds like they'll be in top form by then.

I have friends who'll be there in a few weeks, though. I'll pass along their reaction if no one updates sooner.

Was it by invitation last night, or fully open to the public?

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-19 12:52 pm   Permalink

I believe Wednesday and Thursday were invite, Friday was the first totally open day.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sirginn

Posted: 2013-10-19 12:57 pm   Permalink

Thursday was friends and Family, Friday was first day open to public.

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-25 8:31 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2013-11-19 21:04, RevBambooBen wrote:
I have been paid in full now.

Everyone go enjoy Tiki Iniki.

aloha Tiki fans!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2013-12-05 11:03 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-26 12:21 am   Permalink

Well Ben, I stand by my friends & I say we boycott Tiki Iniki
bad word of mouth in the Tiki community is not a good way for a Tiki bar
to start-up & is not conducive to a long life span.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Jefe
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-26 12:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-10-26 00:21, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Well Ben, I stand by my friends & I say we boycott Tiki Iniki
bad word of mouth in the Tiki community is not a good way for a Tiki bar
to start-up & is not conducive to a long life span.

Right on ATP. I saw Ben's Shout message and thought maybe he was joking. I even asked as much. I will be in that area in February and was planning on stopping by but it looks like those plans have changed.

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation