FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Tiki Iniki, Kauai, HI (bar) (now open)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Iniki, Kauai, HI (bar) (now open)
tikicoma
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-26 01:56 am   Permalink

I knew Ben wasn't kidding. I was told by a friend that her brother, who was also working on the build, only recently was paid. Seems Michelle was in no hurry to pay for his work. I thought some odd funding was being done, sponsoring bar stools,drink names or something like that. And what ever happened to the $20 to $2,500 pledges to bring a Fish Tank Kings aquarium to the bar? Hopefully the folks who are actually managing Tiki Iniki can resolve the problems they have been saddled with and restore some good will to this project.

aloha, tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-26 08:07 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2013-11-19 21:04, RevBambooBen wrote:
I have been paid in full now.

Everyone go enjoy Tiki Iniki.

aloha Tiki fans!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2013-12-05 11:01 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-26 09:41 am   Permalink

Sorry to hear that Ben.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-11-04 16:06 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-10-26 11:41 am   Permalink

How disappointing. You obviously a lot of work into that job (it looks wonderful!), and now it will always be tainted with the memory of this.

I noticed that they promised payment in full by yesterday. Did that happen?

[ This Message was edited by: TikiTacky 2013-10-26 11:42 ]

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-26 11:49 am   Permalink

Oh, this just blows. We'll also be there in February and have really been looking forward to seeing Ben's work and enjoying the bar. Really hope they get their act together and get this taken care of, for Ben's sake, imediately. Talk about bad mana...

[ This Message was edited by: bamalamalu 2013-10-26 12:06 ]

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-26 3:49 pm   Permalink

I want to see it too.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-11-04 16:07 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-10-26 4:20 pm   Permalink

Maybe people shouldn't be doing things that could affect Ben without his approval first. It would be unfortunate if some well-mean img tikiphiles caused a ruckus and made things even more difficult for Ben. I know everyone wants to see Ben get paid, but getting uninterested parties involved is a quick way to make things more difficult and get people angry.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-26 9:54 pm   Permalink

How can it get any worse? They haven't paid him yet and it looks like a lawsuit is going to be the only alternative for Ben. A crying shame that things have to go this far.

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-27 10:33 am   Permalink

Looks like their Facebook page is getting hit.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-11-04 16:08 ]

lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-10-28 1:20 pm   Permalink

I am glad Ben received his payment and I look forward to visiting.

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2014-01-08 23:54 ]

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-28 4:18 pm   Permalink

I urge all of TC to join together & show our disapprovement for this kind of treatment
to a valued member and friend of our community (not to mention other workers whom have also not been paid for there services)
I would like to think we do have a higher sense of standards here on Tiki Central
I stand by Ben & hope all of you will too.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-10-28 5:00 pm   Permalink

I'm happy to do whatever Ben would like. Ben, is there anything we can do to help?

PiPhiRho

Posted: 2013-10-28 5:29 pm   Permalink

Valerie and I will be in Hawaii next month and had planned on going here. We have decided to take Kauai off of our itinerary. The weather is better in Maui anyway. I hope this all works out to everyone's satisfaction. I would like to pay a visit to Tiki Iniki when I do get to Kauai, and to be able to recommend it to friends who will be going there in January.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-28 6:28 pm   Permalink

Paul, I think you should go to Kauai and Tiki Iniki. Go ahead and run up a huge bar and food tab. When they present you the bill just tell them to deduct it off Bamboo Ben's last invoice and then pay Ben the cash directly.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-29 2:42 pm   Permalink

Don’t cancel Kauai cuz of tiki inicki. There is such beauty on the north shore. Tahiti Nui in Hanalei is one of the coolest places to enjoy a tropical beverage in a stunning locale that I have ever had the pleasure of visiting.

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2013-10-29 14:42 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation