FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tiki Iniki, Kauai, HI (bar) (now open)

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Tiki Iniki, Kauai, HI (bar) (now open)
sirginn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-19 12:50 am   Permalink

Just got back from the grand opening. Bamboo Ben did the usual amazing job, great Tipsy factor, rattan, puffer fish, float lights, tapa lights, and knick knacks. They have 3 tiki mugs with their logo that look like standard tiki farm mugs: Ku, Lono, and Rarotonga. The drinks are all fresh juices and syrups. It was opening night and the place was packed, so the bartenders need to work on consistency, but overall better than the syrupy sweet crap you generally get on the islands. The Mai Tai is trader Vic version, the Zombie is Don the Beachcomber 1950's version, they make a great Singapore sling variation, and dacquri.
Food is farm to table and was hit or miss, but again it was a packed opening night. Overall this is a welcome North Shore addition to the legendary Tahiti Nui for the tiki Ohana. It is obvious they Todd and Michelle are taking this endeavor seriously, and I expect the drinks and food to become more consistent. The staff and manager Madison were friendly and enthusiastic. I have some pics, that I will post when I get back to the mainland, but I assume you already saw the tiki mag article.

View Profile of sirginn Send a personal message to sirginn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation