FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Bamboo Saxotica and Suzanne Long pay tribute to Yma Sumac
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Bamboo Saxotica and Suzanne Long pay tribute to Yma Sumac
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-04 6:55 pm   Permalink

Recorded live @ Ohana -Luau at the Lake 2012

"Taki Rari"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25uI3wYV0Y8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

"Gopher"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wbtbDTYpN0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-04 7:00 pm   Permalink

That was great!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-04 10:05 pm   Permalink

Thank you Lucas!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 12:06 am   Permalink

Amazing ! Thanks for sharing

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 10:27 am   Permalink

Thanks Virani, we miss you at Ohana! Hope to see you next year.

I managed to sync up better audio to these videos (audio recorded live by Don Gray)

Taki Rari

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSAyBicb8G8&feature=g-upl

Gopher

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJvhGHFHK8s&feature=g-upl

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-05 4:04 pm   Permalink

I just love the fact that it is real pro musicians, playing jazz that is lounge/tiki. Right up my alley. I wish to god there was a band like this in my area looking for a bassist.

The only way to keep a scene like ours flourishing is to always have the best available acts performing. This band is doing it right!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quiet Village Idiot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 01:14 am   Permalink

Fantastic!

View Profile of Quiet Village Idiot Send a personal message to Quiet Village Idiot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 01:25 am   Permalink

I wish there would be a band like that in my neighbordhood looking for a thereminist ! Or a bassist like you Lucas. Hell, I wish we all lived closer, I feel so alone !!

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 06:09 am   Permalink

Granite, that brought back good memories of a great weekend! You and the band KILLED, and Suzanne was...well, everyone can see how phenomenal she was! Thanks for posting these.

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 2:16 pm   Permalink

Thank you all! It was a challenge and a pleasure playing that music and hearing Suzanne nail it the way she did. My favorite parts of the videos are when the girl directly in front of the camera knows there are difficult notes coming up, and her body language forecasts them, and then celebrates them. And you can see Suzanne and the rest of us feeding off that great Ohana audience. So much fun!

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 5:28 pm   Permalink

The crowd was dying for more at the end of those two cuts.
Huge band - great night. Fantastic performance.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 5:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-06 17:28, pablus wrote:

The crowd was dying for more at the end of those two cuts.
Huge band - great night. Fantastic performance.

This was so. : )

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-07 08:30 am   Permalink

That was pretty darn fantastic.

Thanks so much for sharing!

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-07 10:30 am   Permalink

That was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got me all choked up for having missed this incredible performance!! Thanks for posting with the better soundtrack Carl!! Nice!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTwang
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-07 5:33 pm   Permalink

Even though I saw this live, the video brought me right back to Ohana! She was incredible as was Bamboo Saxotica. Magic!
Thanks for posting this Granite!

View Profile of TikiTwang Send a personal message to TikiTwang  Email TikiTwang     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation