FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel best spots in hawaii?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
best spots in hawaii?
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 11:02 am   Permalink

trying to plan a trip to hawaii, have never been before. would prefer to stay away from the touristy stuff and get to the quiet, out of the way areas. old tiki bars and something with a 50s/60s feel to it would be nice. thanks!!

View Profile of nomeus Send a personal message to nomeus  Goto the website of nomeus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2012-08-06 11:15 am   Permalink

Nomeus, welcome to Tiki Central, I moved your post to the Tiki Travel Forum. Which island(s) in Hawaii? Either way, take a look at the existing topics regarding what to see and do in Hawaii, there are already MANY. You can also use the "search" feature to dig up more info (the "search" link is at the top right of this page).

Now then, since you're new here, you need to visit the introductions thread and introduce yourself.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=6&forum=1&3465

Mahalo.

Haka

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 11:36 am   Permalink

this is the coolest place ive found so far...

http://www.lamarianasailingclub.com/

but would also like a rustic type place to stay, away from the hustle and bustle. havent really planned any certain island. would rather base that on where im staying. maybe island hop, see a volcano or some lava, i dont really know. a good luau would have to be in there somewhere. suggestions/ideas?

View Profile of nomeus Send a personal message to nomeus  Goto the website of nomeus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 12:00 pm   Permalink

General Hawaii suggestions you can get anywhere on the internet.

THIS is specialized. 5 pages worth.

Enjoy !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 12:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-06 12:00, JOHN-O wrote:

Enjoy !!

starts at page 8 and has 15 pages total starting with the demolition of a building. what should i be looking for?

Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2012-08-06 12:22 pm   Permalink

Hawaii Vacation Tips

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 12:46 pm   Permalink

Try the Breakers or the Royal Grove Hotel... both just off the main road, close to the beach (and cheap) and old skool joints in Waikiki.

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 1:15 pm   Permalink

awesome thank you! what are some good old spots in Waikiki? what are some areas to avoid that have heavy tourist traffic?

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-06 3:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-06 12:17, nomeus wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-08-06 12:00, JOHN-O wrote:

Enjoy !!

starts at page 8 and has 15 pages total starting with the demolition of a building. what should i be looking for?

Go 3 posts down and start at the first post titled "Honolulu Confidential". It goes for 10 chapters (posts). It details the historic, off-beat, divey, and "locals" places of interest in Honolulu. It would seem that's what you're looking for.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-07 12:58 pm   Permalink

I don't see Kona mentioned much here

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-07 1:11 pm   Permalink

Sven, what is the story on the green A-Frame house?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nomeus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-07 1:18 pm   Permalink

those are great! id say disneys polynesian got some inspiration from kona

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-07 1:24 pm   Permalink

All taken between last Wednesday and now - and I am still here

ATP, that A-frame is right at the beach where I took my two other sand beach photos in the post: Waialea Bay. I think it could be a vaction rental, don't know yet. The place to stay in Kona is of course Doug Miller's Tiki Island vacation rental pad !

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-07 2:15 pm   Permalink

Thanks Sven, I want to go to there!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-07 3:49 pm   Permalink

Kona is one of the most "tiki" places in Hawaiii. LOVE Kona....lucky you for being there.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation