FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Smugglers Haunt Home Bar-Wales,U.K-video..*New Photos and 60's Boat Bar added*
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Smugglers Haunt Home Bar-Wales,U.K-video..*New Photos and 60's Boat Bar added*
Al Hangmen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-08 5:37 pm   Permalink

Hi Everybody,

Hope everyone is well, Just wanted to show a little video I made of the home bar which I have been working on over the last three years or so.. I'm from Sunny(never) Swansea, Wales, UK. I've been a keen and always learning Tikiphile for the last few years..
There is a place on the coast (The Gower) near my house, which is known as smugglers Haunt where smugglers used to run rum many moons ago, so thought it'd be an apt title for the bar..
I hope you like it.

Here's a link to the video..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E59wJGUgwY&feature=plcp

If you want some pictures, I've taken a bunch, let me know and i'll post them here! Hope everyone is having a good day, if you're ever in Wales, stop by! I've also got a 1962 Boat bar,which I'll post pictures of at somepoint if you fancy having a look!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Al
http://soundcloud.com/hangmen
http://vimeo.com/33672924

[ This Message was edited by: Al Hangmen 2012-08-13 03:38 ]

View Profile of Al Hangmen Send a personal message to Al Hangmen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-09 12:40 am   Permalink

Wow
U rocked it
Great room to party n relax
Love the record player
Great art
Ok I'll stop now
Looks great.......

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al Hangmen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-09 03:16 am   Permalink

Thanks A lot Hang10tiki!
I really appreciate that, I was on a pretty minimal budget so made the majority of the stuff in there myself from bits of wood lying round and improvised a bit,it keeps growing weekly though, thinking about perhaps knocking down a wall and extending it..We'll see, I'll post some pictures at somepoint too!
Cheers,
Al

[ This Message was edited by: Al Hangmen 2012-08-09 03:22 ]

View Profile of Al Hangmen Send a personal message to Al Hangmen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-09 07:47 am   Permalink

Great job there. It has a wonderful feel to it and looks like a great place to unwind and relax at the end of the day. Video has a great vibe to it with the music in the background.

I completely understand about being on a budget and reusing things. I'm doing that now.

Keep sharing.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-09 08:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-09 03:16, Al Hangmen wrote:
Thanks A lot Hang10tiki!
I really appreciate that, I was on a pretty minimal budget so made the majority of the stuff in there myself from bits of wood lying round and improvised a bit,it keeps growing weekly though, thinking about perhaps knocking down a wall and extending it..We'll see, I'll post some pictures at somepoint too!
Cheers,
Al

Creativity replaces lack of capital admirably in your bar! Personally, I love the cozyness you've got there. Beware of making it so big it loses that.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al Hangmen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-13 03:08 am   Permalink

[/quote]

Creativity replaces lack of capital admirably in your bar! Personally, I love the cozyness you've got there. Beware of making it so big it loses that.

[/quote]

Thanks a lot! I'm really glad you think so, I definitely agree with you on the making it too much bigger suggestion, as it does have a cozy feel currently, The thought I had was to build a smaller structure and have it as a separate 'lounge' room next to the bar so it wouldn't really affect the actual bar section, just thoughts at the moment but putting some plans together just in case! Thanks again for your thoughts and compliments on it!

Al Hangmen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-13 03:38 am   Permalink

Here are some photos(sorry there's quite a few of them, I got a little carried away..)of the bar and also I've included some pictures of my 1962(I think that's close enough)Boat Bar!
Hope you enjoy, if you still havn't watched the video in my earlier post and have a few minutes spare, I'd really appreciate it!
Cheers,
Al

Home Boat Bar Photos..

Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-13 04:30 am   Permalink

NICE job!. Who are your pup friends @ the bar??? Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al Hangmen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-13 04:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-13 04:30, Thortiki wrote:
NICE job!. Who are your pup friends @ the bar??? Thortiki

Thanks A lot Thortiki! Glad you like it, The pups are Colin and Alfie, Not mine unfortunately but my friend Sarahs who is in one of the pictures above! Those guys love hanging out in there!

littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-13 07:12 am   Permalink

A great set of pictures and I love the boat bar. I have never seen anything like that as far as I can remember. Very cool.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fugu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-13 07:42 am   Permalink

That boat bar is really great!

View Profile of Fugu Send a personal message to Fugu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-13 8:18 pm   Permalink

Sweet boat bar

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-13 9:04 pm   Permalink

Hangman, luv'd the video, wish I was your neighbor. That boat bar is beyond words. Keep the pix coming! If your'e ever in California Please look me and my brother Tikivato up-we are true tikiphreaks and there are many of us out here.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2012-08-13 9:08 pm   Permalink

Nice work! I remember seeing a Boat Bar like that before in a Dayna Delux photo shoot and I've wanted one ever since.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-13 11:10 pm   Permalink

Hey B B, Is there anything that you have not seen? Your memory is just remarkable!
David

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation