FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Travel » » Restaurants & Bars with Souvenir Mugs in San Diego
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Restaurants & Bars with Souvenir Mugs in San Diego
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2015-01-13 7:26 pm   Permalink

It is just a generic tiki mug with a label. You will see them all over Catalina Island as well, but they are not for any specific place. You will have to head down to SD to get these cool mugs

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tele295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-28 11:41 am   Permalink

Here's a (new?) mug from the High Dive. My buddy Kahekili just picked one up there last month.

[ This Message was edited by: Tele295 2015-02-28 11:41 ]

View Profile of Tele295 Send a personal message to Tele295  Goto the website of Tele295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Teadoir
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-12-25 10:10 pm   Permalink

That High Dive is a NICE mug, and it's huge. Got one when I was there a year or so ago. Wang's is out of the Fu Manchus. I talked them into selling me one of their restaurant serving mugs. They gave me the one with the fewest chips. Felt bad as I was in from Portland and had come looking for one especial. Nice folks, great food! They said at the time they were thinking about commissioning a new one... I believe ballast point also has a new one?

View Profile of Teadoir Send a personal message to Teadoir      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2016-01-04 2:03 pm   Permalink

Wangs is now out of business... Too bad.

Ballast Point got bought out and may not be making liquor anymore... Likely no new BP mugs in the future.

Martin Cate is helping Craft & Commerce open a tiki bar, I'll keep you posted if they come out with a mug.

Times are changing.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TongaT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-01-04 10:46 pm   Permalink

Was just at High Dive....they no longer have any mugs at all....didn't sound like anything was in the works either.

Ballast point home brew center still had a few of the barrel mug....I got the last one with the red devil which I guess was the limited variant.

View Profile of TongaT Send a personal message to TongaT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-01-05 12:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-01-04 14:03, lunavideogames wrote:

Ballast Point got bought out and may not be making liquor anymore... Likely no new BP mugs in the future.

Martin Cate is helping Craft & Commerce open a tiki bar, I'll keep you posted if they come out with a mug.

Times are changing.

This is exactly why you have to take advantage and enjoy these places when you can. First to support them so they hopefully stay in business, but also in case they don't make it...

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2016-01-25 4:24 pm   Permalink

Kindred in South Park is now having a tiki night every Thursday called Permanent Vacation. They came out with a new Tikifarm mug for the event and they still have some on hand.

Not so much tiki, but it is a 4 eyed wolf and a skull! It also has the bar name and SD, CA on the back. I will get more pics up when I have time.

Kindred is a new metal themed bar with a vegan food menu. They always play metal except for Thursdays.

finky099
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2016-01-29 12:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-01-25 16:24, lunavideogames wrote:
Kindred in South Park is now having a tiki night every Thursday called Permanent Vacation. They came out with a new Tikifarm mug for the event and they still have some on hand.

Not so much tiki, but it is a 4 eyed wolf and a skull! It also has the bar name and SD, CA on the back. I will get more pics up when I have time.

Kindred is a new metal themed bar with a vegan food menu. They always play metal except for Thursdays.

Luna, I'm curious what kind of cocktail comes in a four-eyed wolf and skull mug at a vegan Metal joint? Looks like there's some kind of fire involved, too (always a plus!)
Cheers!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2016-01-29 2:36 pm   Permalink

"metal themed bar with a vegan food menu"

That seems like an oxymoron

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2016-01-31 4:54 pm   Permalink

Finky, they do not have a particular drink that it is for. You can buy the mug for $20 or get it with a drink for $25. They had a dozen or so drinks that you could choose from, the one I was drinking was the Ancient Astronaut. They kind of randomly put fire in drinks for the first couple hours and then stopped. This was their first tiki night so all of these things might change in the future.

Spider Mike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-02-23 06:26 am   Permalink

Its a great mug! I believe it was designed by the artist " The Piz" who has recently passed away. The restaurant is pretty fun for something different. Believe me , any drink that is not a nasty craft beer is a welcome addition to South Park.

View Profile of Spider Mike Send a personal message to Spider Mike  Email Spider Mike Goto the website of Spider Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-02-27 10:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-01-04 14:03, lunavideogames wrote:

Times are changing.

Sorry to hear bout Wangs and B P.
Tom at the Bal Hai created dat delish “Paralyzing Pufferfish around Ballast Point Rum.
Later Treg.
Btw, I go to the Palm Spring Wangs whenever I’m in town. Made a dinner resv. via OpenTable-Seems that at least they’re still alive.
I’ll report on the mug status there.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation