Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Free Download Album of Rare Exotica
Free Download Album of Rare Exotica
MrFab
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-15 09:29 am   Permalink

Aloha! Thought y'all might be interested in this pupu platter of miscellaneous musics:
http://musicformaniacs.blogspot.com/2012/08/savage-exotica.html
Nothing taken from the usual suspects - mainly odd 45s, and exotic album tracks from non-exotica artists, much of it recorded off my vinyl.

Has the subject of exotica-by-non-exotic-artists come up here before? I've also got Billy "The 5th Beatle" Preston doing an instro version of "Ferry Cross The Mersey" that sounds more like Ferry Cross the Amazon, complete with bird call-type sounds on the organ. And Tony Bennet singing "Caravan." Maybe for vol 2...

View Profile of MrFab Send a personal message to MrFab  Goto the website of MrFab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-08-15 12:28 pm   Permalink

I clicked on this and my anti-virus program blocked it as a malware site. Proceed at your own risk.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-15 12:45 pm   Permalink

The first track, "Tiki Hut" is priceless! Iee yi yi!

[ This Message was edited by: Lukeulele 2012-08-15 12:47 ]

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrFab
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-15 1:15 pm   Permalink

A mal-ware site? Oh come on, I've been writing this blog since '04 with nary a problem. i would never hurt any of you nice people!

View Profile of MrFab Send a personal message to MrFab  Goto the website of MrFab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dolewhip
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-15 4:54 pm   Permalink

Oh, nice! No download problems here. Thanks, Mr Fab!

Like the Fred Willard-approved background image, too!

View Profile of Dolewhip Send a personal message to Dolewhip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-15 6:53 pm   Permalink

Seems like I had to jump through a bunch of hoops, but I got it! I guess I just needed to be smarter than the computer.
Thanks Mr Fab

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrFab
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-15 7:41 pm   Permalink

Yeah, sorry, MadDog, but The Man is really making it tough on music blogs nowadays, even if, like this most of this stuff, its out of print, never been digitally reissued. How keeping impossible-to-find, forgotten music off the 'net makes the world a better place I do not know. But dont get me started!

Kawentzmann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-11 09:46 am   Permalink

When you want to legally re-release stuff you have to put some money up. So you do a search if it has been shared. If the answer is yes, oh well.

View Profile of Kawentzmann Send a personal message to Kawentzmann  Goto the website of Kawentzmann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-12 07:30 am   Permalink

Thanks MrFab, nice music collection, I am really enjoying listening to it.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captainwhoopass
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-14 12:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the boss sounds, MrFab. Your blog is an amazing thing.

View Profile of Captainwhoopass Send a personal message to Captainwhoopass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation