FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Ki'o wai Lounge (bar construction page 3)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
Ki'o wai Lounge (bar construction page 3)
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-03 7:15 pm   Permalink

Wow...great job, looks so real. NICE WORK!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-08 11:31 am   Permalink

I didn't accomplish as much on the bar last weekend as I wanted. Had a few other projects that needed to be completed instead.

I am still figuring out how I want to eventually carve the trim around the bar. Here's the latest rendition which also shows the front awning (decided to go with same metal roofing based on suggestions that thatch would be a maintenance headache). I'm planning to back light the "eyes" in the trim under the bar.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-08 12:34 pm   Permalink

Looking sweet Brother.

Are those Edison bulbs on your string lights?

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-08 12:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-07-08 12:34, Longboard wrote:
Looking sweet Brother.

Are those Edison bulbs on your string lights?

-Longboard

Thanks.... yeah they sort of have that look to them...not as fancy as some I have seen though. I have them on a dimmer as well and the filament looks pretty cool when its run at about 20%. I've thought about making shades for them to "tiki" them up a bit, but they don't look bad as is and really crank the light when I turn them up to full power.

Here's another slightly tweaked mock up...got to thinking it might look cool to attach tongues to the trim under the bar to give it a little more pop. I'm going to keep an eye out for some material to use for this. Its farily protected underneath the overhang.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-08 1:09 pm   Permalink

hey Jim, looking awesome as always!!! you have some series carpenter skills and a knack for using the computer programs to see how it will look before starting! I'm so jealous, other than the fact you live in MI, lol
keep up the good work, btw need any more skulls or African shields??
paul

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation