FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Ki'o wai Lounge (bar construction page 3)

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
Ki'o wai Lounge (bar construction page 3)
Bloody Good
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-23 2:38 pm   Permalink

No problem, it has taken me 7 years to get my system down. I tried covering them in just plastic, the first year and they did rot. I don't actually cut the stalks/trunks down. I just take the leaves off and leave the top leaf the is just coming up. Then on some of the smaller ones I will put a stake next to the trunk. Then I wrap the pink housing insulation around the stalk up as high as they go. Then the plastic goes around the outside of the paper part of the insulation to keep the rain off and to keep it from sliding down or falling apart. I usually do this the last week in Nov or early Dec, then I always wait til April 1st to uncover.
I love them...they are totally worth the effort. One stalk even began to fruit this year.

This is a pic of the one I have beginning to fruit right now.

View Profile of Bloody Good Send a personal message to Bloody Good  Goto the website of Bloody Good     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation