FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Ki'o wai Lounge (bar construction page 3)

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Ki'o wai Lounge (bar construction page 3)
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-23 4:33 pm   Permalink

Well before you posted to "take my time", I had left for the big box store and picked up some cedar boards. I tried to find ones that had some pattern to them...not easy when you are also looking for a board that isn't too beat up.

I also know what you mean by the feel that comes with a big block of wood. I guess the plan for now is to put this on and see how it goes. If I come across a better top down the road, It won't be as hard to redo it as the tiles would have been.

With that said, I think it would look good to nail these down with some wrought iron rose head nails to help with the rustic look...somehow regular screws don't seem like they will fit in very well. The problem is where to get some quickly?

Another question this brings up is how to finish the wood?

[ This Message was edited by: jimsflies 2013-08-23 16:34 ]

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation