FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Ki'o wai Lounge (bar construction page 3)

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
Ki'o wai Lounge (bar construction page 3)
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-13 7:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-09-13 17:20, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
I thought these are from India, Pier One imports carries these.

Lance,

It could be from India. I just made a best guess based upon other items I've seen in the past of similar quality construction and materials, but India is certainly a candidate as well. That Eastern Mediterranean/Asia Minor design pool has quite a reach, the lineage of artistic influences can get murky (thank you Alexander the Great, the Moors and the Ottoman Empire), couple that with the whole India/Pakistan current practice of "if you want us to make cheap copies of something old/antique/historical, we'll do it for a good price," and well, you know...

Quote:

On 2013-09-13 17:27, jimsflies wrote:
Even the Pier Ones are cooler in Southern California! Who would have thought?

I just looked at Bruddah Bear's link...I guess I did okay price wise for $10. I think it looks okay in the bar for now. By no means do I think it is the coolest tiki lamp. I'd much prefer some of tiki skip's lamps.

Yeah, I only posted the other lamp as an example of a similar lamp made in Mexico. Price wise, you can find more pricey ones as well as less expensive ones, I'm sure. You didn't do bad at all for $10. Mainly I was just trying to give Carl an idea of what it is and how he might locate something similar.

The space is coming along nicely, Jim.

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation