FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Who was the first Tiki Central member you met face to face?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Who was the first Tiki Central member you met face to face?
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-20 6:34 pm   Permalink

Bay Park Buzzy.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-20 7:08 pm   Permalink

This guy in the middle, His name is Spike.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-20 8:50 pm   Permalink

BABALU!!!!

I joined Tiki Central to PM him with some questions about making tiki mugs. Not only did he answer my questions, he invited me to his studio to show me how. That man has a HEART OF GOLD

PS - Bowana, I'm pretty sure you were the second one I met, right there in Babalu's studio.

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2012-08-21 08:39 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-20 11:20 pm   Permalink

Does your pre-being-on-TC count?

That would be Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker fer me... for a long time my "Tiki" friend, until the inevitable happened...

Then at Bali Hai in '07 (still pre-tiki fer us), we came out to support Brad for a Tiki Mag show... I talked to Kinny, Tiki Racer, Sam Gambino, Tiki Ray, Thor, and Derik Yaniger... all tiki greats! (and I'm sure none of them remember us from that event...)

It was a stellar night, and tiki has only gotten better!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-20 11:32 pm   Permalink

That would be JOHN-O. Then he graciously introduced me to a bunch of other TC Ohana, one of the last ones being ATP...

... I still don't know if I should thank him for that one, but I guess I DID ask for it.

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-21 08:22 am   Permalink

I first went to Hukilau in 04' (year of the Hurricane) and met many people in passing. I would have to say Benzart or Crazy-Al. Had good conversations with both!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-23 03:09 am   Permalink

The first tiki central organized event I attended was in May 2001, when Tiki Central was still a Yahoo Club. The southern california crawl was organized by Suicide Sam in Long Beach. The places were not exactly tiki, but did include the now closed Lava Lounge. It was mostly about the bands. they weren't exactly tiki, either, but it was the first crawl. I didn't know anybody. But, I did meet some tiki centralites. Fred "Suicide Sam", who organized the event was one of them. Tiki Farm has a table there and I did buy some mugs. So the first tiki central person I may may have been Holden. If it wasn't holden, it was Apple Venus, who had come down from Portland. Neither AppleVenus or Fred come around here anymore.

Here is a flyer I found from that first crawl.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-23 10:27 am   Permalink

It was my first Wednesday night at Tiki T, he was very nice and made me feel welcomed.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-23 11:00 am   Permalink

Ken Ruzic at last year's Tiki Highway, which was my first tiki event to ever attend. His art was a complete departure from anything I had seen before, except for stained glass windows. He was vending and we got into a government conspiracy discussion.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-23 6:51 pm   Permalink

I believe the first was Bargoyle. The first SoCal TC member was JOHN-O.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-23 7:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-23 11:00, tikilongbeach wrote:
...and we got into a government conspiracy discussion.

Why does that not surprise me?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-24 6:29 pm   Permalink

BigbroTiki.

October 2008 at the Tiki Ti on the way to catching a red-eye to Key West.

Almost missed the fight after a few rounds at the Tiki Ti and dinner at Damons.

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-24 8:52 pm   Permalink

Brad "Aloha Current" and Brenda "Brenda's Tiki Hut" at Trader Vic's Emmeryville and then Wendy "danlovestikis" and Dan "wendylovestikis" at a Sac Ohana First Tuesday dinner at the Mandarin . . . a boozy Emmeryville and fun Central Valley Royal Tiki welcome!

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-24 10:11 pm   Permalink

I think my first meeting was with the group that came to the VampTiki #1 party. Such wonderful Ohana in Sacramento and a couple of out of towners too. Good pictures on the last pages. Still hooking up with these friends when I can.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=22917&forum=17&start=0

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-25 12:47 am   Permalink

Crazy Al, at a Tiki Tones(one of the 2 surf/tiki bands SHAG was in) show at the surf museum in Huntington Beach, Ca. this was oh 1997 or so,
and Crazy Al was selling tiki pendants that he had made of each band member.

Turns out I was the 1st person to buy one, and 6 or 7 years before I got on TC.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation