FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Who was the first Tiki Central member you met face to face?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Who was the first Tiki Central member you met face to face?
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-08-25 6:50 pm   Permalink

Bamboo Ben. The bastard hounded GROG to join Tiki Central for years. When GROG finally got cable instead of dial up, GROG finally join. It's been downhill ever since.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-27 5:39 pm   Permalink

Tiki G ..... Gary from Bad Ass Tikis (the original one...no offense.....he left the forum some time ago) Great people. He and his chicka just disappeared from the scene.

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Pop
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-27 11:50 pm   Permalink

Baxdog, think it was at T.O. 3

View Profile of Tiki Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Pop      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-03 4:40 pm   Permalink

Good question. I want to say Basement Kahuna. I think that's right.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 08:54 am   Permalink

BOSKO. Before I knew there was a Tikicentral.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 09:13 am   Permalink

Psycho Tiki D.

He came up to me while we were both at an antique faire in Modesto and introduced himself. I think he had just found a $10 Tyree velvet.

Oh Duane...our friendship was sealed forever from that day on!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 1:30 pm   Permalink

This Coconut Boy here...

...it was the 80's

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 5:14 pm   Permalink

Joe is that Quentin Tarantino in that picture also?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 8:20 pm   Permalink

Ya ATP. I was going to ask the same question. It looks like him. Mine would be Doug Dorr or Bamboo Ben. Cant quite remember which I met first.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-05 05:54 am   Permalink

It is Quentin. Sabu and I have known him since our film school days.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-05 12:33 pm   Permalink

On my first Tiki trip which was to Trader Dicks in Sparks, I ran into a couple and started talking about Tiki and collecting. This was in early 2006. I met gigantalope and his wife. He told me about Tiki Central and Tiki Magazine (at the time he was writing for the magazine) and life hasn't been the same since. He even sent me a couple of copies!

And Sandra Dee met me in Lodi. She was with a friend and it had been raining all morning. We chatted for a minute and as I departed I mentioned the Tyree I found for $10.00. Again, another life changing encounter for the better.

Later,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-05 3:12 pm   Permalink

Bong, Spike, Sven, poly pop, king kukulele and Big Al (who was making cocktails at the time). That was at the first tiki party I attended. Maybe 2003?

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-07 07:28 am   Permalink

The One and Only..... BAMBOO BEN

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-07 2:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-05 12:33, Psycho Tiki D wrote:
Again, another life changing encounter for the better.

Aww, Duane, you lie so well!

xoxoxo

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-07 5:44 pm   Permalink

I was at a non-tiki party last year and introduced to a nice fellow who I was informed was also into Tiki.

I figured out later that this man was the elusive Hanford Lemoore.

Can't exactly recount the logic by which I came to that conclusion. Was it a strange and wonderous rum-induced dream? Quite possibly, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Oh, and I've also met Dr. Tiki from Tiki Bar TV. But he's not on this board.

[ This Message was edited by: bamboo stu 2012-09-07 17:46 ]

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation