FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Who was the first Tiki Central member you met face to face?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Who was the first Tiki Central member you met face to face?
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-07 8:04 pm   Permalink

humuhumuhmuhum
at tiki tis - with others like sabu...

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-10 10:37 pm   Permalink

Merely a few weeks ago the family and I were taking a break from a weekend at Disneyland by visiting Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar. While enjoying drinks at our table - and between distractions from the kids - I noticed a gentleman at the bar who looked strangely familiar, accompanied by two lovely ladies. A quick look up on this here web site via iPhone, and I leaned over to my wife - "does that guy over at the bar look like this guy from this web site?". Consensus was "yes", and that I should introduce myself.

But before I had a chance to say anything, said gentleman's bar stool started sinking (such things are known to happen...). Very shortly thereafter, the bartenders announced to one and all that the man about to hit the floor was the famous Bamboo Ben, confirming my suspicions!

After my family had departed and I waited for some boxed ceramics, the bamboo master happened to head over to my table to check out the decor and I introduced myself. We chatted briefly, and he did indeed prove himself a gentleman of the highest caliber, introducing his companions for the evening - the lovely Mrs. Bamboo and the glamorous proprietor of an upcoming venue on a certain tropical island.

View Profile of Joshua Bell Send a personal message to Joshua Bell  Email Joshua Bell Goto the website of Joshua Bell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-11 12:10 pm   Permalink

Dogbytes, she found me.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-11 3:49 pm   Permalink

Technically Humuhumu at FI but that was before I was really "TC aware".

Ojaitimo was the first TCer I met after I actively started posting. That was at Frankie's. What ever happened to that guy?

And I remember the first time I met the Bigbro. It wasn't in a Tiki bar, he was walking down an East Hollywood sidewalk chompin' on a burrito.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-11 11:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-11 15:49, JOHN-O wrote:
And I remember the first time I met the Bigbro. It wasn't in a Tiki bar, he was walking down an East Hollywood sidewalk chompin' on a burrito.

Hey that's not Tiki.

well I guess he's so tiki the rest of the time,
he's granted a little non tiki time once in awhile,right?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-12 07:27 am   Permalink

Well, the Exotica list and the Tiki Central list kind of run together in my head. I'd guess it was either Vern or Otto at Tease-O-Rama 2001 in New Orleans. I can't recall if Vern was on the Tiki Central Yahoo group or not. That's too long ago to be clear any more...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-07 6:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-20 18:34, Bowana wrote:
Bay Park Buzzy.

Come to think of it, I don't think it was Buzzy after all. I think it was Tiki Magazine's own nicktiki!
(Blurry is my memory getting...)

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

[ This Message was edited by: Bowana 2012-10-07 18:57 ]

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Q-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-16 5:00 pm   Permalink

It was Swanky for me. I had been ravenously consuming Tiki lore from TC for about 6 months before I met he and the lovely Mrs. Swanky.

Curious circumstances... My uncle, from San Fran, purchased some cool dishes from the Mrs. via E-bay. My uncle calls me to ask if I could pick -up the dishes he bought from them. Weird, because I knew of the SwankPad from TC and had read some of his posts. Small world...

Cheers!

View Profile of Q-tiki Send a personal message to Q-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-04 5:27 pm   Permalink

Russell S. Monkey...What happened to that guy??

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-04 10:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-04 17:27, inkylouise wrote:
Russell S. Monkey...What happened to that guy??

Facebook land possibly?

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-17 4:12 pm   Permalink

had to think a while on this one, tried lurking on the old yahoo group, but never active, lurked for a few years before joining TC, met Sven at Tiki Ti before being a member, or it could have been Otto at his 40th birthday party at the Madonna Inn in 2001 or 2002, but the first time i recall actually going out to meet fellow TCers was at the Tonga Hut in 2003 or 2004, Hummuhummu had just moved here and it was her, Christiki295, pre Marty Lush Marty Lush, and Tiki Bird and his wife (forgot her name on TC). Don't get out to many events so have mainly met others at bars and art shows

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnnyvelvet
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-14 08:43 am   Permalink

I met Formikahini at a now-defunct semi-Tiki bar called the Hawaiian Breeze in Houston in 2002. I was deeply impressed with her. The bar, well...

View Profile of johnnyvelvet Send a personal message to johnnyvelvet      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-23 12:23 pm   Permalink

Tell me more stories!
BUMPERS!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-23 5:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-23 12:23, Bowana wrote:
Tell me more stories!
BUMPERS!

Oh, Bowana...you are so needy!

I can say I remember when I met you at Tiki Oasis 2010. I was hungover and my feet hurt and you let me chill at your booth between Babalu and MP at the inside vending.

That was the year Babalu was at his booth for like 15 minutes, sold out of everything and then went and enjoyed himself...the jerk!

Good memories and seeing you at Oasis is always a highlight (even though now I see you more)!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holler Waller
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-23 6:17 pm   Permalink

TikiTomD @ The Molakai Lounge, a scholar & a gentleman

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation