FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego carving/art jam-:Will it stop raining on the right day in January?-pg 11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
San Diego carving/art jam-:Will it stop raining on the right day in January?-pg 11
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-24 10:57 pm   Permalink

Maybe I can bring some...

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-25 10:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-23 17:01, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

If you're in Oakland or elsewhere, take a road trip. If you work, call in sick. Do whatever it takes and just show up...

And if you're in jail, break out! If you're dead, resurrect yourself!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-29 1:14 pm   Permalink

i actually might be in la around that time buzz........chisels are hard to get on a plane these days without being strip searched and probed.........beer and a chair i could swing.....you dont care if a drunk comes by and visit do ya?

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-30 07:03 am   Permalink

Hey Buzzy see your drum? It made it into the jungle room. We showed it to Swizzle when he visited. It's a wonderful addition a dream come true. I'm going to your carving thread to add photos of him in the Buzzy Bedroom! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 11:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-29 13:14, Creative Chimp wrote:
beer and a chair i could swing.....you dont care if a drunk comes by and visit do ya?

Those are actually the "tools of choice" for most of us at these gatherings. Swing on by. Depending on time of day and traffic, from LA you're either 2 hours or 5.5 hours away. You might win an award for farthest travelled, if you do show up.

I can also scrape up a log piece for anyone who has zero resources, but would like to make an attempt at carving a tiki.

Sounds like we got some good food coming. I'm still shopping for the perfect deep fat fryer...

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 2:14 pm   Permalink

damn buzz...i didnt think it was that far away......im flying out on my bosses dime....gotta do a presentation....maybe i can convince them i need to do some market research down in SD. pick up a sample of something......wink and a nudge.....

glad to be seeing some post up dates from ya too...keep em coming. (thats what she said:)

[ This Message was edited by: Creative Chimp 2012-09-04 14:15 ]

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 3:10 pm   Permalink

Hey Buzz, Can me and CeCe come down and be lookie loo's? I can also double as a gopher if needed. we'll bring a Key lime Cake if you let us in.
Cheers,
David

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2012-09-04 18:10 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 8:04 pm   Permalink

Lots to choose from.

This is an ultra-space age sleek see-thru glass bowl fryer, you can watch your food cook until it reaches that perfect golden brown, then a single button ejects the cage and auto-drains the dinner. Looks like something Babalu designed and is producing 43,000,000 of.

This one is a combo deep fat - grill!!!! Whoa! It's so cool it's almost TIKI!!!! I think the grill has a drain on the left, just a flat grill on the right, and the fryer has a temp gauge built in. Totally worthy of the House Of Buzz.

Or you can go professional, but be careful! Even Chinaman slip slip go in fryer head first like duck after fish!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 8:33 pm   Permalink

Looks like a good time.

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2012-09-04 20:34 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-05 07:02 am   Permalink

Just found a seller of Maui Brewing Company products, I think the Mission Valley BevMo carries a few but I found a place that carries the full line. Problem is this stuff is pricey, you can't buy singles, but the good thing is that it sure looks FINE.

The best ones are the Coconut Porter and the Wheat - brewed with pineapple juice!!!!!

This is for AFTER carving, drinkin' and choppin' don't mix.

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-05 4:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-04 15:10, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
Hey Buzz, Can me and CeCe come down and be lookie loo's? I can also double as a gopher if needed. we'll bring a Key lime Cake if you let us in.
Cheers,
David

You guys are more than welcome! For lookie loos, there's a lot to see here, like:

Tikis:

and even more Tikis:

So far as fryers, that one Cammo posted looks a little "light duty" for my frying needs...

I'm thinking that this sleek fryer looks pretty cool:

Oster 3L Cool Touch Deep Fryer

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-05 6:30 pm   Permalink

Buzz, you need one of these

I have one or two (I am a redneck!) but they would be hard to transport up there.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-05 6:56 pm   Permalink

Buzz, if you're serious I have a donut recipe. Homemade donuts are AY-KILLA-MAZING.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-05 7:12 pm   Permalink

OMG donuts are my favorite...

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki tonz
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-07 6:41 pm   Permalink

Hey Buzzy! I can't make it to the Sept.jam, but I can make it to the Oct.date.I should be out of this condo and in a house by January, so I would be down for hosting a jam here in the Inland Empire!

View Profile of tiki tonz Send a personal message to tiki tonz  Email tiki tonz Goto the website of tiki tonz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation