FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego carving/art jam-:Will it stop raining on the right day in January?-pg 11
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
San Diego carving/art jam-:Will it stop raining on the right day in January?-pg 11
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-10 11:58 am   Permalink

So I settled on this fryer:

and celebrated last Fryday by breaking it in with an assortment of fine fried products:

That grill with the fryer in the middle looks pretty cool, but I needed somethjing more suited for daily use...
I never tried my own donuts. We'll definitley have to do that!

In other House of Buzz news that doesn't relate to food, I just about finshed making my garage dream ultra woodshop:

It's got a router station, 3x8 main work table, chop saw, extra wheeled table, and plenty of storage. I cleaned out the rest of the garage and now have a 20x8 work area in there.

I also upgraded the sound and lighting for my outside work area:

The only thing I still don't have is chairs. Bring your own!
Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-10 12:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-23 17:01, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:

If you're in Oakland or elsewhere, take a road trip. If you work, call in sick. Do whatever it takes and just show up...

Since I think I am the only person in Oakland this had to be aimed at me

Give me a little more advanced notice and I would be all about roadtripping down...to eat your food of course. I don't art jam!

Looking forward to seeing the fried food pics. Oh and also the art

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2012-09-10 12:29 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-10 1:21 pm   Permalink

That's a nice pile of fryables, but I'm talking about;

Oreo cookies

Pickles

Butter

Snickers

Mac & Cheese

Artichoke Hearts

Cheesecake

Twinkies

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-10 2:05 pm   Permalink

Holy....the place looks terrific Buzzy! Like yourself, the shop cleans up well.
MDM - choice fried products!

"Exotica Album of the Year"
2011 Hawaii Music Awards~!

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-10 4:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-05 07:02, Cammo wrote:
Just found a seller of Maui Brewing Company products, I think the Mission Valley BevMo carries a few but I found a place that carries the full line. Problem is this stuff is pricey, you can't buy singles, but the good thing is that it sure looks FINE.

The best ones are the Coconut Porter and the Wheat - brewed with pineapple juice!!!!!

This is for AFTER carving, drinkin' and choppin' don't mix.

EXCELLENT taste, Cammo. The Wheat is so flippin good w/that hint of pineapple and if you throw that Bikini Blonde in the freezer for an hour then pour, it's a choice light beer. Wish I could be there - you artsites have fun!

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-19 11:19 am   Permalink

bump

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-22 8:31 pm   Permalink

Oreos are yummy deep fried. Sorry I missed this earlier, I just dropped off a deep fat fryer at goodwill this morning.

I think I'm busy most of the 29th, but I'll try to come by if I'm done early enough.

Glad you are putting this on!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-23 5:12 pm   Permalink

That's a nice pile of fryables, but I'm talking about;

Mystery Roadkill

Tentacles

Wood Filler (Specialty de la Maison)

Carne Asada Served at 3200 degrees:

McDonald's Leftovers

Cow Hearts (Dogs love 'em)

Fried Sugar

and of course....

wait for it...

"Buzznuts"

... don't ask.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-23 6:33 pm   Permalink

I don't know about no BuzzNutts but I bought fixins for deep fried cheesecake today!

I've got lots of food ideas but so far no art project to work on!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-23 9:52 pm   Permalink

I don't know much about deep frying, but all of these pictures are looking good to me, I'm hungry.
Well it looks like I can go to the SD Carving jam, yeah. I will bring some rice cakes and carrots and a bottle of Jack Daniels... just kidding. I'm not sure what I will be bringing but it will be something tasty. Looking forward to seeing everyone, it has been a long time.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-24 11:23 pm   Permalink

This Saturday!

We'll make the official hours from whenever someone arrives until everyone is gone. Hopefully well' have a good sunset

There's been a weird fog bank out there the last few days. pacific beach disappeared:

Quote:

On 2012-09-23 18:33, MadDogMike wrote:
I've got lots of food ideas but so far no art project to work on!

Sounds like you're ready! We also have a bbq and a smoker over here as well.

I have one 10' popup,so we may need one more. Let me know here if you have one you can bring.

Buzzy Out!

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-25 06:00 am   Permalink

I've got a pop-up I can bring, I should be there about 10am. Buzz, I hope you have some freezer space for a little ice cream maker?

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-25 12:04 pm   Permalink

Amtrak station is a couple miles down the road from here. If you want to take the train from up north, let me know and we can pick you up at the Old Town station. We went to LA a week or so in the afternoon and southbound traffic was screwed almost all the way down. Isn't carmegeddon II that day as well?

for orientation purposes, my house is about two miles north of where Tiki Oasis hotel is, right off I-5. let me know if you need the address.

Quote:

On 2012-09-25 06:00, MadDogMike wrote:
I hope you have some freezer space for a little ice cream maker?

Maddog: Plenty. I have a 2' x 2' x 2' waist high freezer.

Not much excitiing on the bay this weekend. We should have had this a couple weeks ago when the Thunderboats were here:

Lots of spray. Those things are crazy fast!

This is a "tiki event," and because of that, I'm sorry I don't have someone like the Sulking Menehunes playing here for us this weekend, but I do have other entertainment options lined up:

If you're tired of tiki and tiki talk while you're here, TikiCousinChris will be monitoring the sports station all day/night/weekend/season for all your college football and sports betting needs:

Right there he's multi tasking: He's napping, watching three sports, AND growing his neck beard!

I also have a real loud stereo out there now that only sounds crappy when you play an exotica CD. Everything else sounds good, so we'll stick to those other genres.

Buzzy Out!

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-26 4:13 pm   Permalink

Hi Buzzy -

I want to come but there's a slim chance that I won't be able to.

I don't want anybody to think that this makes me less cool than anybody who actually DOES come to your carving event, though, so I'm just alerting you that I really want to come and recognize how cool your event is and that I am actually attending even though I won't actually be there in person.

Just for the record, here is my reason for not coming, just to show you that it's totally a real reason and I'm not just a fuddledork who can't organize my life even though you've given like a month of warning about the date:

My wife won't let me go.

Thanks, it's going to be a great party!

Cammo

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-27 06:14 am   Permalink

I'll be coming. The prior announcement was wrong.

Anybody else who is not coming is obviously welcome, though.

TikiCousinChris looks more like a real Tiki guy than you do, Buzzy. Just give him a pendant and he's IN!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation