FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Official Plastic Paradise Documentary Thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Official Plastic Paradise Documentary Thread
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-07 05:51 am   Permalink

Think you would have a cash $ cow within the Tiki community on this film IF you could buy copies. Would also serve as a great learning tool for people that may not know about, but may like to get into Tiki! Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mon-Tiki Man

Posted: 2014-01-07 06:56 am   Permalink

I would buy it! I doubt they are going to air it on Vermont Public Television.

View Profile of Mon-Tiki Man Send a personal message to Mon-Tiki Man      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
modbetty
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-01-21 2:52 pm   Permalink

Count me in on the group of folks who would dig seeing this or purchasing it or renting it!

View Profile of modbetty Send a personal message to modbetty  Goto the website of modbetty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-22 9:56 pm   Permalink

well you can't buy a DVD of Plastic Paradise but you will be able to buy the DVD of the French documentary that is currently shooting with Sven in LA and will premiere at his art show in Paris this summer!

Details will be posted on TC as soon as they are available.

But first I need to ask if anyone has any family home movies or found footage that is copyright free that they would like to share with the French film crew.

If you do please email me here:

tikioasis@gmail.com

thanks, Otto

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-04 7:17 pm   Permalink

Tonight in So Cal.
Ch 28 PBS KCET
9 pm

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2014-03-05 07:53 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-04 10:19 pm   Permalink

Beautiful yet coincidingly embarrassingly wrong. Great features on some great friends. Yeah, not enough of the protagonists presented in this. Small research. Being a fan of the Big Lebowski at least like that they put that in there. What does that have to do with Tiki? I don't know. But I love the big Lebowski. Who the heck are a lot of those people in the video? It was okay. Better than most.

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-04 10:42 pm   Permalink

I mean I'm happy to have my mugs shown in this video. But where the heck was Bosko??

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-05 11:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-04 22:19, MakeDaMug wrote:
Beautiful yet coincidingly embarrassingly wrong.

What was so wrong? I only got through half of it last night because I had to put the kid and myself to sleep. I'll finish tonight.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-05 3:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-04 22:19, MakeDaMug wrote:
Beautiful yet coincidingly embarrassingly wrong. Great features on some great friends. Yeah, not enough of the protagonists presented in this. Small research. Being a fan of the Big Lebowski at least like that they put that in there. What does that have to do with Tiki? I don't know. But I love the big Lebowski. Who the heck are a lot of those people in the video? It was okay. Better than most.

Did not see the Big Lebowski thing?

"Who the heck are a lot of those people in the video?"
Ha! Tikifarm mug buyers, different coast.
Bosko would be good.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-05 3:33 pm   Permalink

Big Lebowski reference - using Dylan's "The man in me" during the bowling sequence.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-05 3:43 pm   Permalink

Oh ok,
I think there may have been some people from that other tiki group.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BryanDeanMartin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-06 8:02 pm   Permalink

Saw it this morning, after my dvr faithfully recorded it for me...looks like KCET will be showing it again this month, March 10, 12 and 14. I never knew that King Kukulele used to play down at the senior center down by my work, I mostly remember him playing at The Hub coffee shop in Fullerton back in the 90s...

View Profile of BryanDeanMartin Send a personal message to BryanDeanMartin      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-07 09:39 am   Permalink

Any critique of this, yet?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-07 1:25 pm   Permalink

Have not had a chance to watch yet, but my big mouth
will make an appearance afterwards.....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-07 3:56 pm   Permalink

It was alright - as I've thought and others have also said, it sorta seemed like a lot of focus was on the Mai Kai. I believe it was filmed more on the east coast than anywhere, so that might explain it. It would have been nice to see more locations in SoCal (some bias there I'll admit) given that they mention how SoCal has all the good joints, but it also depends on when this was filmed as well.

I liked it overall because its more exposure to tiki and upholds the quality of it, not the cheapness it was reduced to by the 90's.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation