FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Where are the first TCers today?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Where are the first TCers today?
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-04-03 08:40 am   Permalink

I don't know if it's because of the lower traffic volume or we got a better filter but the is sure a lot less SPAM here than there was years ago

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-04-03 12:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-04-02 13:27, Hamo wrote:
Maybe everyone who's active on both Facebook and TC can gently remind/inform people in FB tiki groups about TC and encourage them to stop over here, see what's been happening, and maybe help liven up the joint.

I do this constantly. It's somewhat annoying in tiki-specific groups for conversations to go off topic, and i'm always thinking "if you wanna share unrelated content there's a place for that!" but it seems like -those- people don't care enough to come here. Like, this is THE place.

As a side note, and perhaps back to topic, I think the comparison of old web tech to old Polynesian bars doesn't hold. That's like saying "oh I don't like modern medicine, I'm going to stick to my leeches. They may not work as well but it's of the time and I don't mind the added time and agony." Why make 10 clicks when you can get the job done in 2? This is coming from a digital designer. I understand resistance to change but go back to your flip phones or your rotary phones and tell me that you prefer those instead of our current web tech. I gotta stop saying web tech.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-23 5:38 pm   Permalink

I actually miss the days when I use to be an active member of TC, but kids, job, house and life in general have gradually pulled me away. Ironic part is my friends these days have no connection to "tiki" and when they come to my house and walk into my tiki bar (Riviera Room) most are blown away and get a real kick out of watching me behind the bar making drinks. In reality though I can't imagine any of them becoming members of TC. I envision when the kids head off to college the wife and I becoming more active again.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation