FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery Tikis in Hawai'i, new online Tiki gallery.
Tikis in Hawai'i, new online Tiki gallery.
Hemp Paper
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-23 1:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone I would just like to let everyone know that we recently launched the Tikis in Hawai'i online gallery. There are several high-quality pictures of traditional Hawaiian carvings, information about the Tikis, and much more. You can view the gallery at www.tikisinhawaii.com

If you have any comments, questions, or critique regarding the website feel free to post below and I'll get back to you ASAP.

View Profile of Hemp Paper Send a personal message to Hemp Paper  Goto the website of Hemp Paper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-23 1:47 pm   Permalink

This needs to be moved to market place.....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hemp Paper
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-23 1:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-23 13:47, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
This needs to be moved to market place.....

Why it's not an e-commerce website it's a gallery displaying our Tiki collection. I don't know why you must insist that everything I do must be placed in the marketplace, this is a Tiki gallery site I put it in the Tiki gallery section, the blog is relevant to general Tiki discussion so I placed in the general Tiki section. I'm about 99% I placed my posts properly.

View Profile of Hemp Paper Send a personal message to Hemp Paper  Goto the website of Hemp Paper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-23 2:58 pm   Permalink

Because you are selling them and they are not your work

The only reason you are posting these is for profit
so the "Marketplace Thread" is where they should go.....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hemp Paper
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-23 4:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-23 14:58, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Because you are selling them and they are not your work

The only reason you are posting these is for profit
so the "Marketplace Thread" is where they should go.....

I'm posting these for information and to share the carvings, these are not e-commerce projects and I am personally not selling any of the Tikis online, the ones listed on Bonanza are not my postings, I currently have no Tikis listed online for sale.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-24 09:23 am   Permalink

I am glad you are posting these carvings, I love the combination of them being all based on traditional Hawaiian Ki'i, but also being quite stylized, artistic interpretations of the original forms. There is nothing out there that deals with specifically Hawaiian Tikis in that way.

(I just wish your site would not help proliferate the misspelling of the plural of "Tikis" - there is no apostrophe in it )

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2012-08-24 09:25 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hemp Paper
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-24 1:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-24 09:23, bigbrotiki wrote:
I am glad you are posting these carvings, I love the combination of them being all based on traditional Hawaiian Ki'i, but also being quite stylized, artistic interpretations of the original forms. There is nothing out there that deals with specifically Hawaiian Tikis in that way.

(I just wish your site would not help proliferate the misspelling of the plural of "Tikis" - there is no apostrophe in it )

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2012-08-24 09:25 ]

Gahhhh you people here need to make up your mind on how that word is spelled I've changed it around several times from having the apostrophe to not having the apostrophe. I plan on being the main online resource for traditional Hawaiian Tikis, this site, my blog, it's all just the beginning.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-24 1:34 pm   Permalink

That you are selling.....

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-24 9:54 pm   Permalink

These are excellent traditional Tikis.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2012-08-29 7:47 pm   Permalink

Hemp Paper, you should listen to BigBroTiki. He is "kind of" an expert on the subject...

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation