FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Three Dots and a Dash, Chicago, IL (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
Three Dots and a Dash, Chicago, IL (bar)
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 6 days ago; 3:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-05-21 12:54, Kahiki Guy wrote:
Heading to Chicago and Milwaukee in July ... and working our way down the list of signature drinks, and collecting every mug on the way down, then asking them to call us a cab back to the hotel....

Kahiki Guy, you will not be disappointed! But get a few "friends" to join you (or make some there) if you're going to try the Treasure Chest drink (although, I don't think you can actually buy the treasure chest the drink is served in.)

Are you going to go to Hala Kahiki or Chef Shangri-La while in Chicago? Lost Lake is also great (same guys as Three Dots), but its décor is decidedly not "tiki", even though their drinks clearly are.

Cheers and have a blast!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahiki Guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 6 days ago; 6:47 pm   Permalink

Yes, all of those are on our list! Also going to Lucky Joe's in Milwaukee (an "ode" to Frankie's in Vegas). Looking forward to all of them and will get mugs from wherever possible.

Thanks!

View Profile of Kahiki Guy Send a personal message to Kahiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 08:14 am   Permalink

If you're hitting Milwaukee, don't miss the Foundation Tiki Bar. Drinks are great there, really top notch. Get the "secret" menu, and order yourself a 151 Swizzle (in the metal cup!)

Quote:

On 2015-05-21 18:47, Kahiki Guy wrote:
Yes, all of those are on our list! Also going to Lucky Joe's in Milwaukee (an "ode" to Frankie's in Vegas). Looking forward to all of them and will get mugs from wherever possible.

Thanks!

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahiki Guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 5 days ago; 08:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-05-22 08:14, Quince_at_Dannys wrote:
If you're hitting Milwaukee, don't miss the Foundation Tiki Bar. Drinks are great there, really top notch. Get the "secret" menu, and order yourself a 151 Swizzle (in the metal cup!)

Quote:

On 2015-05-21 18:47, Kahiki Guy wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks "QAD"! I'm not sure if that place was on our list or not, but it Definitely is now! Just sent the link to my wife to add to our itinerary. Thanks for the tip about the "secret" menu also. Looking forward to it. Looks awesome!

Mahalo!

View Profile of Kahiki Guy Send a personal message to Kahiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ragbag Comics
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 5 days ago; 09:34 am   Permalink

The Foundation is one of the best modern era Tiki bars going, in my opinion... somehow,
they manage to balance the right Tiki vibe with also feeling like a comfortable, neighborhood
place (I'd liken the neighborhood vibe there to the Tonga Hut in Hollywood...)

The drinks are top notch, you'll be welcomed with open arms and you'll immediately feel like
a regular.

They also have a super cool signature barrel mug you can only get there
(and the drink that comes in it is fan-fuggin'-tastic...)

Hala Kahiki and Chef Shangri-La outside of Chicago are two of our favorite
places in the world and are certainly must-visits -

If yer a completist on your Chi/MKE Tiki tour, there's also Tiki Terrace in Des
Plaines (they do a great Polynesian floor show on Fri & Sat nights), the Tong's
Tiki Hut in Villa Park, The Breakers in Crystal Lake, and on your way up to Milwaukee,
there's the Rendez'vous in Kenosha...

Have fun - ya won't be disappointed!

--Pete

View Profile of Ragbag Comics Send a personal message to Ragbag Comics  Goto the website of Ragbag Comics     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahiki Guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 5 days ago; 09:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-05-22 09:34, Ragbag Comics wrote:
The Foundation is one of the best modern era Tiki bars going, in my opinion... somehow,
they manage to balance the right Tiki vibe with also feeling like a comfortable, neighborhood
place (I'd liken the neighborhood vibe there to the Tonga Hut in Hollywood...)

The drinks are top notch, you'll be welcomed with open arms and you'll immediately feel like
a regular.

They also have a super cool signature barrel mug you can only get there
(and the drink that comes in it is fan-fuggin'-tastic...)

Hala Kahiki and Chef Shangri-La outside of Chicago are two of our favorite
places in the world and are certainly must-visits -

If yer a completist on your Chi/MKE Tiki tour, there's also Tiki Terrace in Des
Plaines (they do a great Polynesian floor show on Fri & Sat nights), the Tong's
Tiki Hut in Villa Park, The Breakers in Crystal Lake, and on your way up to Milwaukee,
there's the Rendez'vous in Kenosha...

Have fun - ya won't be disappointed!

--Pete

Thanks Ragbag!
I know we have Hala Kahiki, Chef Shangri-La, and The Tiki Terrace already on the list (looking forward to the polynesian floor show!), but I don't think we knew about the other 3. Thanks a lot for all the great tips everyone! I think we may have to extend our trip from 4 days to 5 to fit all this in! But that's a problem I'll take any day!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation