FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Three Dots and a Dash, Chicago, IL (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Three Dots and a Dash, Chicago, IL (bar)
Ragbag Comics
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 28 days ago; 09:37 am   Permalink

That's the first I've heard of them running out of mugs... in our experience, they
always seem to have plenty.

They had told a friend of ours probably 6 months to a year ago that they were "almost out"
of the sea urchin mugs and that when they ran out they'd get something different and retire
that design, but we've gone back and picked them up for friends at least three times since then,
so I don't know if they just had more than the bartender knew about, or if they did end up reordering
them.

I think Paul McGee the one behind ordering new mug designs and cool new drink vessels, and he
always seemed pretty jazzed when they'd get in new stuff, so perhaps the new management is ordering
lower quantities or changing up their buying habits. For awhile there, they were getting all kinds of
3 Dots branded Tiki Farm designs (including bigger ticket stuff like the clam shell and sea horse
bowls.)

I can say most everything they use comes from Tiki Farm (with the exception of a select handful of
Cheeky Tiki UK and Dynasty mugs), and all of their 3 Dots branded stock is from the Farm, so perhaps
it'd be worth throwing Holden a line on their FB page?

--Pete

View Profile of Ragbag Comics Send a personal message to Ragbag Comics  Goto the website of Ragbag Comics     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahiki Guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 28 days ago; 09:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-07-06 09:37, Ragbag Comics wrote:
That's the first I've heard of them running out of mugs... in our experience, they
always seem to have plenty.

They had told a friend of ours probably 6 months to a year ago that they were "almost out"
of the sea urchin mugs and that when they ran out they'd get something different and retire
that design, but we've gone back and picked them up for friends at least three times since then,
so I don't know if they just had more than the bartender knew about, or if they did end up reordering
them.

I think Paul McGee the one behind ordering new mug designs and cool new drink vessels, and he
always seemed pretty jazzed when they'd get in new stuff, so perhaps the new management is ordering
lower quantities or changing up their buying habits. For awhile there, they were getting all kinds of
3 Dots branded Tiki Farm designs (including bigger ticket stuff like the clam shell and sea horse
bowls.)

I can say most everything they use comes from Tiki Farm (with the exception of a select handful of
Cheeky Tiki UK and Dynasty mugs), and all of their 3 Dots branded stock is from the Farm, so perhaps
it'd be worth throwing Holden a line on their FB page?

--Pete

Thanks so much for the info! I'll definitely shoot "Holden" a message on their FB page. Better to be safe than sorry!

Mahalo!

View Profile of Kahiki Guy Send a personal message to Kahiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KonaKaiBaby
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 28 days ago; 10:02 am   Permalink

My daughter was in there about 10 days ago & they told her they had 14 different mugs in stock on that particular day, though there was sadly no sea urchin. The person she spoke to gave her the impression that they won't be getting that one back

She got me the gold bamboo with the 3 Dots name on the rim and the green Big Toe 2013 design (has no 3 dots markings), both Tiki Farm.

She's supposed to head over for me again later this week, so I'll report what they have now, once I hear from her.

Come on down to the Hokulani Lounge!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hokulani-Lounge/1110336148981097

View Profile of KonaKaiBaby Send a personal message to KonaKaiBaby  Email KonaKaiBaby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahiki Guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 28 days ago; 10:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-07-06 10:02, KonaKaiBaby wrote:
My daughter was in there about 10 days ago & they told her they had 14 different mugs in stock on that particular day, though there was sadly no sea urchin. The person she spoke to gave her the impression that they won't be getting that one back

She got me the gold bamboo with the 3 Dots name on the rim and the green Big Toe 2013 design (has no 3 dots markings), both Tiki Farm.

She's supposed to head over for me again later this week, so I'll report what they have now, once I hear from her.

Thanks KKB! Oh no! No more Urchin?! That's my favorite one. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and get that one from ebay... I'll definitely get what I can though. Thanks for the info everyone!

View Profile of Kahiki Guy Send a personal message to Kahiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KonaKaiBaby
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 28 days ago; 1:14 pm   Permalink

I know! I was really bummed, too. I've been dying to have one of those sea urchins in my collection!

Come on down to the Hokulani Lounge!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hokulani-Lounge/1110336148981097

View Profile of KonaKaiBaby Send a personal message to KonaKaiBaby  Email KonaKaiBaby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 22 days ago; 10:27 am   Permalink

So a review from my earlier post..

Excellent go there - my friends thought it was grate and they aren't into tiki so much. They still served in the Urchin mugs. all drinks were excellent and PUPU platter was grate too. Easy to find in the back alley. I used an app open table to reserve a table it was easy - place filled up quick from 5:30 to 7p. Met a lot of fun people - I'd do it again.

Mahalo to all those who helped.
I couldn't carry any mugs out I was going to a show and knew it wouldn't survive.

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 22 days ago; 10:50 am   Permalink

Great, maybe?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 22 days ago; 12:18 pm   Permalink

ATP is taking over for Grog as the new Spelling Police.

There's a new sheriff in town

I guess I'm lucky to have an urchin mug. I also have the golden bamboo. They make some cool mugs!

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2015-07-12 12:19 ]

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 22 days ago; 12:38 pm   Permalink

I wouldn't presume to replace Grog, I make enough mistakes of my own
but that one was particularly "grating"

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 22 days ago; 2:21 pm   Permalink

The Grate was a reference to "Grate"ful Dead shows which was the main reason I was in town for anyway.

The played 3 final shows at Soldier Field July 3/4/5 2015.

Keep on truckin

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 22 days ago; 2:42 pm   Permalink

I think that is why ATP spoke up

Cheers SneakyJack, hope you had a great (grate) time in Chicago!

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2015-07-12 14:45 ]

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahiki Guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 21 days ago; 05:35 am   Permalink

Mahalo SJ! Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to checking them out later this week!

sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 21 days ago; 08:42 am   Permalink

All in good fun!
Grateful to have this resource as always!

I'll be back!

Kahiki Guy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 12 days ago; 08:44 am   Permalink

Back from my whirlwind trip through Milwaukee and the Chicagoland area. Happy to report that, as of last Saturday, Three Dots was back in stock of all of their mugs and bowls, so if you're looking for any of them to complete your collection, I suggest you act fast. They said they were already low on the Urchin and Paul McGee mugs and they had only just gotten them all in on Thursday prior. Sorry to any of you who asked me to pick you up a mug from here, as they were limiting me to one of each style mug. I'll be posting some fun pics in the near future for all 8 of the Tiki bars we went to on our trip. Stay tuned...

Aloha!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation