FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » The DVD of Tiki - Vol. 1 // Finally for sale.
The DVD of Tiki - Vol. 1 // Finally for sale.
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-31 12:26 am   Permalink

DVD OF TIKI – Vol.1

THE RISE AND FALL OF BACKYARD POLYNESIA
THE MOST EXOTIC CHAPTER OF AMERICAN POP CULTURE! MEET MARTIN DENNY, LEROY SCHMALTZ & BOB VAN OOSTING, ERIC ASKEW, THE BALI HAI BOYS, SVEN KIRSTEN, OTTO VON STROHEIM, SHAG, BEACHBUM BERRY AND MANY MORE.

Our documentary can now be ordered at
www.dvdoftiki.com

Who has seen it and can recommend it?

DVD OF TIKI – Vol.1

MARTIN DENNY – SVEN KIRSTEN – BEACHBUM BERRY & MANY MORE

“PARADISE LOST”
Ready for some armchair travelling? Grab a cocktail and fly with us to the most exotic chapter in American Pop Culture: The Tiki Era!

Relive the rise and fall of Polynesian Pop. Be there. See the places and the people. Hear the stories from eye witnesses and real tiki aficionados like Martin Denny, the Bali Hai Boys, Leroy Schmaltz & Bob van Oosting, Eric Askew, Sven Kirsten, Otto von Stroheim, Shag, Beachbum Berry and many more.

The DVD OF TIKI, Vol. 1 “Paradise Lost” explores the origins of the myth of the South Seas paradise and follows a nation on their transition from the Puritan 1950s to the sexual revolution of the 70s.

The heyday of Tiki offered a wild island lifestyle with exotic sounds and intoxicating concoctions without endangering the given moral and social rules at the time.

CONTENT
Prologue: Paradise Found – The myth of the South Sea paradise
Main feature: Paradise Lost – The birth of Polynesian Pop
Contributers’ Slideshow

CHAPTERS
01 South Pacific & Michener
02 Escapism
03 Thor Heyerdahl
04 The 50th State
05 Donn The Beachcomber vs. Trader Vic
06 Oceanic Arts
07 Eli Hedley
08 Walt Disney
09 Witco
10 Black Velvet
11 The Bali Hai Boys
12 In The Pacific
13 Hapa Haole, Mele & Exotica
14 The Downfall Of Tiki

Duration: 95min.
Genre: Documentary
Audio: stereo / english
Aspect ratio: 1.77:1 (16:9 anamorphic)
Video format: SD NTSC Color
Region code: free

DIRECTED BY JOCHEN HIRSCHFELD & SCHLANGO
NARRATION BY KING KUKULELE
ORIGINAL SCORE BY SEBASTIAN HARTMANN

www.armchair-travelling.com

[ This Message was edited by: Mogambo 2012-09-01 22:06 ]

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MarkusK
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-31 03:12 am   Permalink

April Fools' Day again? Wait...no!

Glad you finally made it

View Profile of MarkusK Send a personal message to MarkusK      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tavarua Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-08-31 9:05 pm   Permalink

This is one of the best documentaries in regards to the tiki culture to date. I highly recommend you get this if you are on Tiki central this is a must have movie in your collection. The debut at Tiki Oasis was amazing, this will provide the details into the origins of tiki culture and bring you to the edge of its downfall. My hope is that volume 2 will be released so we can share all that is glorious tiki in the modern world.

[ This Message was edited by: Tavarua Tiki 2012-08-31 21:06 ]

View Profile of Tavarua Tiki Send a personal message to Tavarua Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-02 9:57 pm   Permalink

I endorse this product !

http://vimeo.com/46199383

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 2:18 pm   Permalink

not to be greedy...but i guess i am. whens volume 2 coming? any scheduled date yet?.....great dvd and very well done. it belongs on the history channel....

[ This Message was edited by: Creative Chimp 2012-09-04 14:26 ]

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 4:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-02 21:57, bigbrotiki wrote:
I endorse this product !

http://vimeo.com/46199383

sven, that was so off the cuff. gotta love it!

i heeded sven's well given advice; i bought two!

View Profile of tiki1963 Send a personal message to tiki1963  Email tiki1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-13 2:27 pm   Permalink

we just updated the website a bit

www.dvdoftiki.com

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-21 4:52 pm   Permalink

5 PM Pacific - Movie Night on FiredogLake - featured movie is "The DVD of Tiki" - join in with Firedog Lake's Lisa Derrick with Jochen Hirschfeld and Schlango for a LIVE discussion about the movie!! Set your browsers to http://firedoglake.com/ at 5 PM Pacific to join the conversation.
www.dionysusrecords.com

Join me for "Over Under Sideways Down" on LuxuriaMusic.com Wednesdays, 3-5 PM Pacific

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-10-07 6:17 pm   Permalink

Better late than never, just ordered my copy as well!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PabTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-01 7:57 pm   Permalink

I wanna pick-up a copy of this. The production values seem excellent from the trailer!

My collection of bifwebe | My cruddy music

View Profile of PabTiki Send a personal message to PabTiki  Goto the website of PabTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-02 06:10 am   Permalink

It is better than you think! Get it!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mockingbird

Posted: 2014-05-05 3:20 pm   Permalink

Got and watched my copy just the other day. Have worked in the entertainment biz for 15 years now and even taught video production for awhile; I was very impressed with how professionally this was handled. Nice job!

View Profile of Mockingbird Send a personal message to Mockingbird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kilaueakyd

Posted: 2014-05-25 11:44 pm   Permalink

Does the Pay Pal come up in German when you try to order this DVD or is it just me?

View Profile of Kilaueakyd Send a personal message to Kilaueakyd  Email Kilaueakyd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation