FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiki the Hut - San Diego, CA
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki the Hut - San Diego, CA
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 11:55 pm   Permalink

Tiki the Hut is looking great. Love the resin bar top, killer job.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-03 12:00 am   Permalink

Thanks TikiAno! We are having a grand opening next Saturday. You should come if you can make it. Details are on the Cali events page.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-03 5:49 pm   Permalink

There are so many cool places to go on TC that until today I'd missed your thread. It was so fun to meet you at Don the Beachcombers and then to find your thread. I've looked at every page and enjoyed every step. You've made a tiki paradise. I like the lawn flooring. Well I like it all. The Moai hillside is terrific. I hope we run into you at one of the summer events. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-04 01:22 am   Permalink

Thank a lot Wendy. I am glad you like it. MaddogMike actually gave us your idea early on and we even went to Michaels today to get some vines. Thanks for the great idea! The fake vines are great to cover up things and they add great accents to empty areas.

More pictures coming soon but I haven't had time to upload them yet. Even though we are having the grand opening, I still have lots of projects to go. Like everyone says, it's never really finished.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-04 10:18 am   Permalink

(side comment) Wayfarer...love your logo!!!!

The menu is inspiring, I am going to make one for my lounge. Keep us posted on your project...it is great looking!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-04 11:04 am   Permalink

Place looks great.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-05 2:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks for looking Grog. We are getting a LOT of use out of your shot glasses. Everyone loves them! Thank you.

Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-05 8:55 pm   Permalink

The Hut really looks fantastic.

(I hate this thread.)

Someday, I will have my own room.

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-05 11:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the invite! Would love to swing by, unfortunately have to work that day AND night. Look forward to seeing more updates as they happen- and congrats on creating an awesome bar.

David/ Tiki Ano

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-06 5:04 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys. Got some more updates. I needed a bit more light behind the bar. I purchased a sailboat steering wheel and ran a light through the middle. I used some chain to hang it.

I thought it could use some shade. I wanted to go to Tikiland and get some cool stuff to make it out of, but Cobain was too busy making money that day. So I had to go to Joanne and I found some nautical fabric. I went to the dollar store and got a candle holder and made it into the shade.

I just glued it onto the wire frame. It is not what I had in mind but it will do for the time being.

This is what my bar area is looking like these days.

lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-17 3:43 pm   Permalink

So I haven't posted many improvement pictures since the opening. I have still been working on it, but not as much lately. But I am still grabbing more cool items at the Tiki Marketplace. I am glad to have that going on near me!!!

My cannibals. By LakeSurfer. They are great and the only other place that has a complete set is Hale Pele. Theirs are larger I am told, but I haven't seen them in person yet.

Bay Park Buzzy was kind enough to gift these to me for my bar! He is great! He was going to make it to my grand opening but couldn't. All the people I meet here are really nice and do make you feel like Ohana.

I am taking a break from big projects for the summer, I just have too much going on. I will try to get some full bar pictures from a decent camera up soon though.

Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-21 1:31 pm   Permalink

The new additions look great.

Cheers!

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-21 7:38 pm   Permalink

I agree....great additions!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-22 09:08 am   Permalink

love the menu idea, as well as your wall of pointy weapons too, god I love it all!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-kitty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-23 09:22 am   Permalink

First of all: I LOVE the name of your bar!
Second: it looks great! Lots of cool little touches here and there!

View Profile of Tiki-kitty Send a personal message to Tiki-kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation