FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiki the Hut - San Diego, CA
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki the Hut - San Diego, CA
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-23 1:30 pm   Permalink

Awesome
Love the new lake and buzz items
Lookin good

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-03 5:09 pm   Permalink

It has been a while since I have posted an update. Since the SD Home Crawl will be coming to my house, I though I might post some new pics to build the excitement.

Over the last couple months there have been some big changes at Tiki the Hut. Me and my friend Kelly replaced my big, bulky, old, crappy eye sore of a water heater to a tankless. Now I have a lot more room to build new things.

This is what our wall used to look like. Lots of plumbing that does nothing and a huge water heater in the middle of my tiki bar.

First we tore out the plumbing and the water heater.

Our new water heater. It takes up a lot less space. I will build a cabinet around it to blend it in more, whenever I have time to do that.

So fast forward to the finish. I want to make a custom display case for all my mugs along this wall, but with people coming over I just threw it back together this way. It looks a lot nicer without the water heater. I still have some more projects to accomplish, hopefully I can get them done by the summer.

I won some $$$ at the Super Bowl, so I decided to buy this tiki! He is named Double Moai, created by Leroy Schmaltz at Oceanic Arts. A very nice piece for my tiki bar!

Also grabbed a barrel. I find that the more places to set your drink down the better...

This came in the mail too. From the enchanted tropical land of Victoria, Canada. Made by master router carver Dagg, our new Tiki the Hut sign! We finally can add a bit of credibility to our little bar! We now have a sign with our name on it! Thanks tons Dagg! You rock!!!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-03 5:28 pm   Permalink

Also, I haven't had a chance to show off this guy! As well as helping me with the plumbing and electric, Kelly gave me this awesome ice machine! What a great guy! I am lucky to have such amazing friends. This is a good ice machine. It cranks out 30 cubes every 12 minutes. They are also clear/restaurant quality cubes. I don't know what I would do without this ice maker.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-03 6:45 pm   Permalink

wow, never thought about getting an ice maker!!! Im gonna start cruising Craigslist for an old vintage 1960s era Hotel one for sure!!!! your bar is looking awesome too by the way!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-06 08:12 am   Permalink

Treg, looks great. Look forward to (finally) seeing it in person this Saturday. Leroy's tiki looks great, maybe I should start gambling.

Ummmm.... okay maybe not.

Home ice machine a nice touch- you just have to maintain your drinking to ice cube making ratio. (I admit, I just grab coolers of ice from our commercial machine at work! )

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2014-03-06 08:14 ]

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-06 3:25 pm   Permalink

lookin forward to checking it out saturday.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-07 12:56 am   Permalink

Thanks guys. It will be fun to have everyone over and I will enjoy seeing other peoples home bars as well.

TikiAno - Sounds like a great place to get ice!

Monkeyman - I wish I could check out your pad too, but we are first in the schedule and are frantically getting prepared.

lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-07 01:13 am   Permalink

Grabbed some of the decor from Bahooka. Got a parrot, float light and a barrel lamp. I like the blue color light, but I can change it to any color. I put a color changing led bulb in the barrel lamp. It is nice that I can change it to normal white and adjust the brightness for playing dominos.

lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-07 01:17 am   Permalink

The new Tiki the Hut sign has found his permanent spot. Looks cool!

Hid my washer/dryer a bit. Hopefully we can make then blend even more in the future.

lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-07 01:24 am   Permalink

Here are some pictures with the lights. Sorry it took so long for the whole package pictures, but I wanted to take them on a better camera than the one on my phone.

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2014-03-07 01:29 ]

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-07 08:46 am   Permalink

Looking good- and let me know if you need me to bring some ice down for you....

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-07 10:27 am   Permalink

Great improvements. I love the washer/dryer disguising!
Ready for tomorrow!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-07 5:57 pm   Permalink

Looking sweet!!! Glad you like the sign
Hope you have an awesome time tomorrow! FaceTime me if you have time/remember,make it an international tiki party

Cheers buddy
D

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-07 10:09 pm   Permalink

Awesome
Da place looks huge
Two tiki thumbs up

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-07 11:01 pm   Permalink

Looking great, the lighting is very nice. Let me know how that tankless water system works out for you, might try one in the future.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation