FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Ideas for a retro Hawaiian radio station name, please.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Ideas for a retro Hawaiian radio station name, please.
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-14 4:13 pm   Permalink

What's dialup?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-14 6:35 pm   Permalink

I know....well, maybe there are still dial-up folk out in the hinterlands. Dialup folk should have access to old school Hawaiian stuff, too..

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-14 8:11 pm   Permalink

So I guess your not going to use "Super Hawaiian Fun Time Sex Radio" ?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-18 9:08 pm   Permalink

Hey Kaiwaza, I've hopped on your station 4 or 5 times so far, it's great! I've got to catch the whistler again to get his name so I can find that album, it makes me smile. But I keep missing the Gabby and the Sons of Hawaii music which is a bummer cause I love Gabby and haven't heard that album.

aloha and mahalo, tikicoma

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-19 03:45 am   Permalink

Thanks Tikicoma! I've got a playlist of just over 10 hours of songs up now (225 songs to be exact.). I think I'll go with that & switch it out every month. Several listeners have set "Hawaiian Hi-Fi" on their presets, so that's good.. I've noticed some of the broadcasters also have station Facebook pages you can "like" & they post LP photos,etc. I might start up one of those as well to highlight interesting LP covers or stories, or Hawaiian record related ephemera, etc.

The whistler you mentioned is Muzzy Marcellino. The LP is titled "Whistling On the Beach At Waikiki", Coral records CRL 757441. Interestingly, Muzzy is the whistler on the hit recording of the film theme from "The High & The Mighty:, an arrangement of which is included on the album.

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-21 11:03 am   Permalink

Thanks! Sounds great so far

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation