FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tikiyaki Orchestra Nov 17th - ED-A THON - ON SALE NOW !!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tikiyaki Orchestra Nov 17th - ED-A THON - ON SALE NOW !!!
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-15 11:36 pm   Permalink

Aloha everybody!

Here's some pics of what I'm creating for the event:

For the raffle, an 8x10 black paper drawing:

"Brain-blowin' Tiki Cocktail'
(The clouds bursting from the top of the tiki and the mug are supposed to look like brains)

Here are two pieces for the auction that are in the works now (glaze firing tomorrow, hope to have complete photos soon... here they are as bisque pieces)

"Brains!"
Zombie-skull mug with a brain-shaped lid.

Brain Bowl
There is a brain with two fire chamber eyeballs in the center.

See everybody on Saturday!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-16 12:05 am   Permalink

Sadly the glaze firing on both ceramic pieces was a disaster, with glaze flaking off left and right... trying to rescue the bowl, but prognosis is not looking good...

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2012-11-16 16:54 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tobor64
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-11-16 09:18 am   Permalink

We can't make the show but here's my donation to the raffle, a 12" x 18" signed & framed print:

View Profile of Tobor64 Send a personal message to Tobor64      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-16 10:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-16 09:18, Tobor64 wrote:
We can't make the show but here's my donation to the raffle, a 12" x 18" signed & framed print:

wow....

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-16 10:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-15 23:36, tobunga wrote:
Aloha everybody!

Here's some pics of what I'm creating for the event:

For the raffle, an 8x10 black paper drawing:

"Brain-blowin' Tiki Cocktail'
(The clouds bursting from the top of the tiki and the mug are supposed to look like brains)

Here are two pieces for the auction that are in the works now (glaze firing tomorrow, hope to have complete photos soon... here they are as bisque pieces)

"Brains!"
Zombie-skull mug with a brain-shaped lid.

Brain Bowl
There is a brain with two fire chamber eyeballs in the center.

See everybody on Saturday!

Awesome ! Tomorrow night folks !

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikival

Posted: 2012-11-16 11:46 pm   Permalink

Breaking news from the Christmas front: something new for Ed-A-Thon:

Don't be caught without Tiki Bob this holiday season.

Val

View Profile of tikival Send a personal message to tikival      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-17 12:17 pm   Permalink

When I was asked to create a piece for this show I was honored. I had carved the skull of a pig that I got from Polypops birthday. I even ground out the molars to add in boars tusks and it was named im Hawaiian "Brainless Pig". I submitted my piece and they had it for 2 weeks. The rest of this story is too funny and you just can't make this kind of thing up. Eddies dog ate it. I worked several hours on it and it was for a great cause. Eddie and his wife feel terrible about it but what can you say. The dog didn't know any different and that what dogs do. So if you planned on bidding on it , bid double on something else you like. It's a shame but at the same time very comical. Eddie is a great musician and in a time of need he can use all the help he can get from our amazing ohana. I can't make it tonight but give an extra $5 and not get that Starbucks coffee tomorrow. Enjoy folks.

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI-RAY 2012-11-17 12:21 ]

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-17 1:18 pm   Permalink

I've had this little feller around for 14 months and decided to paint him up this morning for ED... IT ED DAY! I'll put it on Ebay tomorrow or if Ed wants to keep it that is his decision, maybe he will put it on ebay??

My brother's name is Ed and he passed on sometime ago. He happened to become a Doctor near the end of his life hear on the planet. It's always great when one of us gets to stick around a little longer thanks to the doctors. They do like to get paid... PAY UP SUCK'AH

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-17 1:50 pm   Permalink

Some great contributions,Al great brains think alike, I will be bringing 30 limited , Ed-A-thon Brain skull pendants,they will be $10 bucks, See ya tonight.

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2012-11-17 13:52 ]

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-17 4:14 pm   Permalink

Sadly, my ceramic brains are not of the same strong constitution of Eddie's brains... mine didn't make it through the procedure...

Hopefully they can be saved, but not in time for the event... so I'm adding this Stockton Islander set to the auction...

A Stockton Islander print and a Tiki By Night book, featuring the Islander on the cover.

Tiki-Ray, your story is both sad and funny... hey, if the plaque didn't get eaten, I could create a ceramic pig skull for it!

tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-17 4:27 pm   Permalink

Sadly, my ceramic brains are not of the same strong constitution of Eddie's brains... mine didn't make it through the procedure...

Hopefully they can be saved, but not in time for the event... so I'm adding this Stockton Islander set to the auction...

A Stockton Islander print and a Tiki By Night book, featuring the Islander on the cover.

Tiki-Ray, your story is both sad and funny... hey, if the plaque didn't get eaten, I could create a ceramic pig skull for it!

OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-17 9:07 pm   Permalink

Tikiyaki just opened with 007 theme....bad ass!

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-17 9:07 pm   Permalink

Tikiyaki just opened with 007 theme....bad ass!

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-17 9:30 pm   Permalink

Double post....yeah it was that cool.

OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-17 9:30 pm   Permalink

Double post....yeah it was that cool.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation