FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale 2012
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale 2012
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-10 1:09 pm   Permalink

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30:

IT'S BACK!

Our most anticipated event of the year...
THE SEVENTH ANNUAL PARKING LOT SALE!

Featuring the largest assortment of vintage collectibles, mid-century decor, classic artwork and retro-fashins this side of paradise!

We've got 21 vendors this year, plus DJ TANOA, The LA PENCA AZUL Taco Truck, the mighty KU BAR and a live performance by legendary surf band, THE AQUA VELVETS! (after the sale, 7pm)

Please note Forbidden Island, bar and parking lot, are 21+ and admission to the sale is $5.

Hope to see ya all there!

Mahalo!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-10 11:16 pm   Permalink

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-11 6:56 pm   Permalink

Double Shit! I love the Aqua Velvets. Timing prohibits me and TikiTonY from being there this year. I always wanted the Home bar tour to happen at the same time and thanks to Mai Tai it is......killing me. Next year for sure. I have kind of a decent excuse this year (no Government work secret squirrel shit). So for you that are on the fence, Aqua Velvets, Home bar tour, Parking Lot Sale and Forbidden Island.....a killer weekend. I'm not sure I even want to look at the pictures (but I probably will) Have fun and we hope to see you next year!

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-12 9:58 pm   Permalink

My last event of the year and I'm very pleased to be able to be a part of the F.I. Parking Lot Sale once again!

Yes, I saved the best for last.

I'll have some very unique tiki carvings with me this year just for this event!

More updates in the coming weeks... hope to see you there!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-13 7:56 pm   Permalink

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. So now big boy, would you like to dance?"

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-15 12:50 pm   Permalink

If there is a buyer interested in this tiki I'll bring it. PM me. 6 1/2 ft. tall. Not heavy.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-16 9:19 pm   Permalink

Lake Tiki's "Lava Collection" is a series of hand carved wall hanging tikis inspired by the old Coco Joe's collectables.

Each has jewel eyes that make the piece come alive!

They've been to SoCal, the Northeast, the Midwest and now I'm proud to bring them to the Bay Area!

This is just a sample... many more designs and colors available at the sale!

[ This Message was edited by: lake surfer 2012-10-02 11:23 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aquatic Safarinaut
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-09-17 9:28 pm   Permalink

Aloha Shoppers!
In the Coyle/Cramer/Cathie Corner....

These shall be....and much more....

Islander Gang....

Bowl Gang....

More Gang....

And the rest....

We will also have Shirts, furniture and much more!

We'll be next to KuBar...get a drink and come see us

Aloha!

View Profile of Aquatic Safarinaut Send a personal message to Aquatic Safarinaut      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-21 5:15 pm   Permalink

The Bay Area is FULL of tiki history, just one of the reasons I love to visit every year!

I'm honoring that tiki history with a handfull of wall hangings made special for the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale this year!

Each piece is hand carved from wood and hand painted. I'll have a very limited quantity of these, so get there early to snatch one up!

Very excited for this year's event, hope to see you ther

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2012-10-02 11:24 ]

Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-24 6:32 pm   Permalink

Just a sample of the Papua New Guinea inspired carvings coming with me as Lake Tiki returns to the Forbidden Island Parking Lot Sale.

Hand carved and hand painted, each one is unique in its own way.

Hope to see you Sunday!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2012-10-02 11:26 ]

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-25 9:54 pm   Permalink

falling down fast,
bump

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Krisdrama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-26 11:29 am   Permalink

This will be my first time to Forbidden Island! Very excited! How's the weather up there? I'm also looking forward to finally needing a sweater!

View Profile of Krisdrama Send a personal message to Krisdrama  Email Krisdrama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-26 8:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-21 17:15, Lake Surfer wrote:

All the new stuff looks great, as usual... but that Stockton Islander is AWESOME! Love it!

http://ericoctober.com

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2012-09-26 20:44 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-26 9:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-26 20:41, tobunga wrote:
All the new stuff looks great, as usual... but that Stockton Islander is AWESOME! Love it!

Hands off Eric! I call dibs!

Krisdrama wearing a sweater right now in fact --- viva la lack o'heat!

I too will be selling at the sale. All vintage...like a scaled down version of when Psycho Tiki D and Leleliz sold 2 years ago if you remember all that stuff. Too lazy to take pics so you can just see it Sunday.

I will be by Tiki Diablo's booth against the fence...and boy is he excited about THAT!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-27 08:29 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone! Excited to be a part of the parking lot sale again this year.

I'll have my usual limited edition prints, new and old. Working on an original for the show today. Plus I'll have some of my wood masks that I've designed.

"The Tiki Ti, Building a better tomorrow"
Edition of 100 (going fast!)

"Bride-Monster"
Edition of 50 prints

Plus lots more!

Looking forward to seeing my Northern Tiki friends!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation