[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Hawaiian Islands 8 Hour Visit
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Hawaiian Islands 8 Hour Visit
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-12-09 3:58 pm   Permalink

What hours and days are you in each port? 8am-5pm? or differs. Very important as locations hours vary.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-12 9:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-12-09 15:58, mrsmiley wrote:
What hours and days are you in each port? 8am-5pm? or differs. Very important as locations hours vary.

Monday - Hilo 9am-6:00pm
Tues - Mauai 7:00am-6:00pm
Weds. - Kauai 8:00am-5:00pm
Thurs. - Honolulu 7:00am-8:00pm

We have a Rental Car on Each Island

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-12-13 05:02 am   Permalink

Well, here's what I'd do, based on taking a Hawaiian cruise several years ago, plus several "regular" trips to the Islands:

Hilo - drive up to Volcano National Park. Kona side is great, but you may not have enought time to hit the volcano and Kona.

Maui - drive out to Lahaina/Kaanapali area and enjoy some great beaches

Kaui - last time we were there on a cruise, we got in too late to take one of the excursions up to the Na Pali coast, so we ended up taking a helicopter ride around the island to get a good look/feel for it.

Oahu - drive around the island, head east to snorkel in Hanauma Bay, then continue on up the North Side, and back to Waikiki. Since you have a car, you should be able to pop out to La Mariana for drinks

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-12-19 10:27 am   Permalink

Stay Tuned!! Mele Kalikimaka & WooHoooooooo!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-11 11:14 am   Permalink

Hello all & Happy New Year!

Since my trip is now in the foreseeable future (8 months) I've started actively planning. My itinerary is a little bit different. I'll be flying into Oahu, spending 2+ days there before getting on the ship. We port at Maui (Kahlua) from Sunday 8am to Monday 6pm then Hilo on Tuesday from 8am to 6pm, Kona Wed. 7am - 5:30pm, and Kauai from 8am Thursday to 2pm Friday before sailing back to Oahu and flying home late Saturday. We'll be renting a car at most, if not all, ports depending on what we plan. We'll definitely have a car on Oahu.

I've written down all the comments so far and am compiling a giant list. Please keep the suggestions coming and Mahalo for all who have contributed thus far!

Lori

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-01-14 06:28 am   Permalink

Lori, by "8 months from now" do you mean September? My wife, adult daughters and I will be on Oahu the last 2 weeks of September. If you're there at the same time, maybe we can all meet for Mai Tais!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-14 5:06 pm   Permalink

Hi Rum Balls!

No, my husband and I will be crusing around the islands from August 17 - 24 of this year. Too bad we won't be able to meet up for a Mai-Tai. Enjoy your trip.

Lori

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation