[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » the NoLikeFire Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
the NoLikeFire Lounge
markmywords
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-13 10:15 am   Permalink

That lighting looks fantastic! Good job!

View Profile of markmywords Send a personal message to markmywords      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-13 10:50 am   Permalink

Thanks! Best $30 I ever spent.

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-14 12:21 am   Permalink

Love the creature shelf not really tiki - or is it? The Lagoon is in South America BUT the actor underneath the costume is tall Tahitian Ben Chapman. The late Ben was a member of the South Seas Cinema Society and he had some great Hollywood stories. We miss him but the creature lives on!

P.S. check out his photo under POLYNESIAN PERSONALITIES in the BEACH OF FAME PAGE of southseascinema.org here's the link:
http://www.southseascinema.org/beachoffame.html

[ This Message was edited by: creativenative 2013-03-14 00:24 ]

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-15 11:59 am   Permalink

I like the link you posted! Very informative. As to whether or not the Creature is tiki, I haven't thought about it. I just like him and the lounge seemed an appropriate home, along with a black and white print of Brody,Quint and Hooper fighting Bruce the fish monster. It's just how my warped brain puts things together. hehe

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-16 03:25 am   Permalink

I'm really impressed by your room and all its mid-century vibe. I think the creature is a great piece of your room's total ambiance. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see more.

In fact there are a lot of good tiki rooms on TC that are great. There is a lot of art, great craftsmanship, ingenuity and a good eye for great collectibles on these pages. I'm kinda new on TC and the whole collection of works on TC is impressive and one of a kind on the worldwide web.

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-26 08:09 am   Permalink

This was brought up on another post I believe. This past weekend I mounted a computer monitor in the lounge.I still use the lounge for some light office work so I had to fit it in.

I bought a piece of bamboo from a dollar store, split it, and mounted onto the monitor.Now I have a rotating display of anything I want to display.The bamboo is attached with small adhesive pads at the moment since I wanted to see how it looked first. Later I will add a light stain, some varnish, then affix them in a more permanent manner. It will do for now, and I like how it looks.

ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-29 12:04 pm   Permalink

Excellent framing of the monitor! Awesome idea!

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-10 12:15 pm   Permalink

I'm restarting my traveling Brew 'N View where I live and needed a way to get people's attention to promote it. I now call it the Nolikefire Roadshow and the logo I drew for my lounge is now the logo for the Brew 'N View. This is on a bamboo window shade that I'm still working on, and much like Bruce Wayne, I was sitting around trying to come up with an image that would not necessarily strike fear but at least get noticed amongst the band flyers and ads for free kittens that seem to be plastered everywhere.

ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-19 08:15 am   Permalink

I've been wanting to add some hanging lamps to the lounge for a while. I found some bamboo wind chimes at a thrift store.

I cut the chime parts off (I'm planning on building new chimes out of the pieces later). Then I untied the hanging cord, pulled the bottom off the chime (which was just a small circle of thatch and attached the light to the cross section of the tube that that small piece of thatch was attached to. Then I retied the hanging cord to the bottom of the tube, which is now in fact the top.

I rolled up a couple sheets of paper and taped them to the insides of the tube part.

I found these lights on Amazon for around $3 bucks each. They put out almost no heat and each come with a programmable remote with various colour options.

Here it is with some of those options

I don't know yet what I'm going to use for a permanent shade inside the lamp yet, but at some point I'll replaced the hanging cord with a bit of chain.Cost for making both lamps will be around $12, until I figure out the shade part, and maybe shellac the tube section later.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation