FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Trader Vic's at Trader Joe's!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Trader Vic's at Trader Joe's!
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-25 1:37 pm   Permalink

Floratina, I believe brought a few bottles of the TV Mai Tai to the gathering at my pad a little while ago. The next day was nice and sunny, so I decided to try the remaining half bottle while floating around the pool. I made myself a tall glass over ice and started to blow up a new lounge pool float. I glance over at my drink, on the table, to see my Dobie, Stella, lapping away at the Mai Tai!

So dogs like it! I too thought it was pretty sweet and syrupy but not bad with extra rum. I know they should be on the rocks but it may lighten the stuff up if blended.

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twowheelin'tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-25 11:13 pm   Permalink

are there any trader joes on the west side that carry more than just the premixed?. Me needum mo rum.

View Profile of twowheelin'tiki Send a personal message to twowheelin'tiki  Email twowheelin'tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMaxton
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-27 11:18 am   Permalink

I discovered the TV premixed mai tais last year while backpacking on Maui. It became a staple in my pack (augmented by a small flask of Demerara for a float and a couple of limes to sour it down), allowing me to enjoy an evening mai tai on the beach/in the jungle/on the floor of Haleakala without having to carry too much extra weight (I transferred the mai tais into a plastic bottle to lighten the load a bit). Sometimes I had to forego ice, but hell, a warm mai tai sipped in a jungle treehouse in Hana is better than a cold one most anyplace else...

View Profile of TikiMaxton Send a personal message to TikiMaxton  Email TikiMaxton Goto the website of TikiMaxton ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CruzinTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-27 11:21 pm   Permalink

I tried TV Mai Tai mix ... it seemed a bit off. I added a splash of Barbencourt, a splash of Angostura bitters and some fresh lime juice -- pour over ice and mmmmmmmm.

View Profile of CruzinTiki Send a personal message to CruzinTiki  Email CruzinTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-06-29 11:39 am   Permalink

Tasted the Trader Vic's dark rum at a friend's house last night. Eccchh, gag, blech, arghh! This stuff is worse than Whaler's - and that's bad. Sweet with a strong chemical taste - sorta like what motor oil might taste like. What were they thinking?? I'll stick with Myers'! (I got the 1.5L bottle of Myers' at Long's recently for $16.99)

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation