FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving KeverC's Stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
KeverC's Stuff
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-25 09:13 am   Permalink

when using power tools safety is the name of the game. i want to keep all of my fingers.

[ This Message was edited by: KeverC 2012-09-25 19:59 ]

View Profile of KeverC Send a personal message to KeverC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-26 3:33 pm   Permalink

got some more wood the other day. this piece caught my eye. i got a couple ideas but not yet sure what i will make from it.

View Profile of KeverC Send a personal message to KeverC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-26 4:20 pm   Permalink

Bitchin Panels come to mind.....

Waiting on some fire maple from a relative...

Nice Wood!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-26 4:31 pm   Permalink

a Moai Mount Rushmore...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-27 12:04 pm   Permalink

LOL^^ I like that idea

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-27 4:34 pm   Permalink

those are all good ideas. i am going to have to see how the wood is when i clean it up. i currently have a hand full of tikis that are in different stages of being worked on that are ahead of this in line. i have pieces of wood laying all over my back yard lol. still dont think i have enough lol getting some new tools next week and i am stoked. looking forward to finishing some of the tikis i have started. i also wanted to let you guys all know that i am loving it here a TC. you guys are all very helpful and seeing the level of tikis you guys all make really helps me push to get my skills to the next level. Thanks

amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-28 6:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-09-26 16:31, pjc5150 wrote:
a Moai Mount Rushmore...

Love it!!!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-09-30 9:01 pm   Permalink

i feel like a kid 3 days before Christmas... i got some new tools and my Lancelot and squire blades are on their way. also my saburr tooth burrs are being shipped out tomorrow express mail. i cant wait ill they get here. i have a couple tikis in line first but i will see if i can make the Moai Mount Rushmore happen. i have been wanting to try to do a moai. so i guess it is go big or stay home. i want to finish the Boba Fett tiki very soon...

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-01 2:34 pm   Permalink

I often wondered. How the Squires worked. Seems like you'd have to recover the surface after a dig with those. They leave tools marks pretty bad. Can't tell how fast they move material.

Can't wait to see some carves.

Mahalo!

How's the wrists?

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-01 3:34 pm   Permalink

my wrist is feeling better and am looking forward to doing some carving. i just finished the match to the last one i did. the pair of them are going to a friend. now that that one is done and my new toys are in the mail i am looking forward to working on some of the projects i have started. i also ordered the flex cut chisels pjc5150 told me about. so on the next one i am gonna be thinking about cutting deeper and making the log disappear. i got a lot of ideas that i wanted to try to do but was limited by the tools i was working with and with the new tools hope to try to make happen.

KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-01 4:08 pm   Permalink

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-01 4:36 pm   Permalink

cool stuff man. I like the bookends...

kinda mexican wrestler-ish...

I think you'll like the flexy's.

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-03 4:21 pm   Permalink

My new chisels came in today and they are great. they cut like butter. thanks for showing them to me Jeff. once they got here i remembered i forget to get a wood mallet. so i went out to wood pile and grabbed a piece of wood and got right to work.

i know it is not a tiki but i made it for tiki carving so i think it counts. lol

Chris

[ This Message was edited by: KeverC 2012-10-03 16:32 ]

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-10-03 5:18 pm   Permalink

Functional brilliance!

Now show us a damned Tiki already!

*Jk*

Mahalo

McTiki

KeverC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-10-04 4:10 pm   Permalink

my burrs and my Lancelot blade came in today. i spent a couple hours trying out the burrs on some scrap wood just to get the feel for them. i am pretty shocked at haw fast the chew through the wood. hopefully tomorrow i will have some pictured for you guys. i am stoked about all the new tools i got and cant wait to show you guys what i can do with them. let the fun begin.

Chris

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation